Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach Manos Ideas

Skinnymum

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 5:14 am
Since people are starting to seriously think about Purim - can we exchange ideas for Mishloach Manos?
Inexpensive MM you gave or recieved in the past and brought a smile to your face?

miracle

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:02 am
Last year a got a very cute MM - it was a coffee cup which included different 4 kinds of tea bags, 2 sugar sachets, 1 hot chocolate and some tea cookies.
I thought it was a really cute idea Wink

HooRYou

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 5:07 am
I did a brocha me'in shalosh theme once. I gave out cookies (hamantashen) dates and a small bottle fo grape juice. I folder up a round container to loko like a triangle and included a pocket sized copy of the brocha with a Frielichen Purim from the U family ont he cover.

suomynona

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:09 am
miracle wrote:
Last year a got a very cute MM - it was a coffee cup which included different 4 kinds of tea bags, 2 sugar sachets, 1 hot chocolate and some tea cookies.
I thought it was a really cute idea Wink

would love to do that but is that a valid mishloach manos? Don't 2 of the foods have to be ready to eat?

I am thinking of giving a container of soup with a roll or bagel. Does anyone have an idea of how to package it tastefully?

LisaS

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:16 am
My friend did something I thought was so nice and simple last year.
She had a divided tray with Pita slices, chumus and fresh vege sticks. So much better than junk food and I really appreciated having something for my kids to snack on on such a busy day. I don't know if outside of Israel you get good pitot though.

Another cheap yummy idea is to stick in some stove-top popcorn.

I'd love to hear some more ideas myself. what did you enjoy recieving?

miracle

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:16 am
Quote:
miracle wrote:
I thought it was a really cute idea

would love to do that but is that a valid mishloach manos? Don't 2 of the foods have to be ready to eat?

you are right you need to have 2 kinds of food, I forgot to mention that there were also some chocolates

amother

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:19 am
I received last year a different MM than usual

it was a DVD movie with all kinds of snacks to eat during the movie: popcorn, chips, sweets, chocolates

It was very original

suomynona

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 6:22 am
I once got a tuna fish bagel with a bag of potato chips. I ate it for lunch as soon as I got it.

My friend always gives a vegetable trifle with a dressing in the middle. It's really pretty and get's eaten right away. But it's a lot of work.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 10:19 am
If you give the required amount with the brochos, you can give whatever you want after that, but it's not really done; it's not hiddur mitzvah.

basmalkah

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 10:43 am
Last year I gave a bag of pitas w/ baby carrots, chummus (homemade) and a bottle of water or perrier in a basket/bag.
It was great - people really loved it b/c they ate if for lunch in middle of the busy day.
Thsi year I'm giving salad toppings for a salad w/ a poem - b/c it's going to be so crazy w/ Erev Shabbos - who needs extra wine, chocolate or candies?

yodikat

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 11:29 pm
basmalka, what poem were you thinking of including with that?...it sounds like a great idea

basmalkah

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 7:25 am
Here's the poem - I will include a recipe on the other side - maybe from Salad Time. My sister just gave me an idea to include a bag of lettuce - but I'm not sure I want to do that b/c it's simple this way.
Dear Friend,
Today is Purim
It’s Erev Shabbos too
You must be very busy
There’s lots and lots to do.

So here's a little something
We hope you’ll appreciate
Salad toppings for the salad
They will be just great!

Please try the recipe
That we did provide
To enhance your Purim meal
Just turn to the other side.

Wishing you a very Happy Purim,

im my kids ima

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 8:04 am
bc this yr is erev shabbos I plan on sending a challa salamon fish wraped in pastry (small pices) a little bottel of mashkeh (bc I luv small bottles I think it looks realy cuit on top of the sfurim shaffa in the dinning room. I have tons full and if someone dear open them I will b realy angry) and some jelly fish. I picked up some fish trays from amazing savings (when I was in ny 4 convention) and my hubi is in to making kugle so mayb we will add that if theres time) I think and hope it will b a nice mm. good luck to all on theres.
btw if anyone wants the resipy for the fish I will b happy to shear [/list]

wanderer

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:37 am
edited

Last edited by wanderer on Wed, Jun 03 2009, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

chayitty

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 12:52 pm
my first year married I was pg....so I was hefty and my husband glad...we gave out garbage cans and everything was in hefty and gald cont. and bag...cookies that make u hefty..liquer that makes u glad..laffy taffy... and I wrote a poem about mordechai on the hourse and if ahman's daughter would of used hafty or glad bags the garbage wouldnt spill....it was cute

Lani22

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 1:08 pm
I found these popcorn boxes at party city
http://partycity.com/cgi-bin/p.....oom=1

I am going to fill them with a small bag of popcorn, a box of mike and ikes and some cookies and wrap them up in cellophane.

muss

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 5:01 pm
im my kids ima, could you please share the recipe for the salamon fish wraped in pastry. do you or anyone have a poem for this mishloach manos?
thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics