Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How can I stop my hair from showing under wig

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:46 pm
I wear my hair tied back under my wig. however it leaves a very visible (to me) bump. I never see that in others. Is there a trick I don't know of?

srbmom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:51 pm
I use a large metal clip like this but put it in upside down. Then I lift the pony up and tuck it under the wig. Because the clip is so wide it sort flattens the hair against my head instead of making a bump like a pony would

Edited to add link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....2HMQV

Last edited by srbmom on Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:52 pm
I use a wig cap ($.99 for 2 pieces, in any hair supply store). I like it cause it feels comfortable, clip the wig into the cap so it stays in place and keeps the hair cover well, without bumps.
Materials vary. I like thin stocking material.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:01 pm
I pin it down. I have thick curly hair and yeah it’s annoying lol.
And I wear this velvet band with a cap sewn into it. Best invention ever but in the summer I don’t wear a wig I wear bandanas or snoods since it gets too hot.

I tried the stocking caps and my head apparently is too big lol the cap would bunch up in the back and by the end of the day it will be all balled up in the back of the inside of the shaitel

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:30 pm
Make a tight low pony at the nape of your neck. Pull the ponytail up and pin it down flat to the top of your head. Then use another one to pin the end of the ponytail down too.

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:37 pm
Cut it ✂️

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:57 am
srbmom wrote:
I use a large metal clip like this but put it in upside down. Then I lift the pony up and tuck it under the wig. Because the clip is so wide it sort flattens the hair against my head instead of making a bump like a pony would

Edited to add link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....2HMQV

Had I known earlier about this clip it would've
been a lot easier for me to manage my hair . I Had same problem as OP , it annoyed me so much to the point that I went to someone to cut my hair short short so I should get rid of the pony tale . I'm regretting it 100 times now since comfortable wise it's gotten so much worse . Now I'm already thinking of shaving and then restart to grow it back.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:59 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I use a wig cap ($.99 for 2 pieces, in any hair supply store). I like it cause it feels comfortable, clip the wig into the cap so it stays in place and keeps the hair cover well, without bumps.
Materials vary. I like thin stocking material.

Does the cap hold up with long hair ? I once tried it and my hair was to thick for the cap to hold it together.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:22 am
I have extremely thick hair. I don't think the clip above will be able to hold all of it.

Cutting shorter isn't an option because it makes things harder having short hair sticking out of my tichel in all directions

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
Make a tight low pony at the nape of your neck. Pull the ponytail up and pin it down flat to the top of your head. Then use another one to pin the end of the ponytail down too.

I should try this. I just thought there was an easy neat trick I just didn't know about :-)

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:32 am
Curly thick haired gal here. Thin it. It makes it way smaller but doesn't scacrsfice length.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:32 am
Make very low pigtails and crisscross them upward on your head and pin down with these flat clips
You can also try a cornbraid and tuck the end underor over and fasten with a clip

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:33 am
I tried everything on this thread and nothing worked except thinning it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 3:17 am
I have very long ( to my waist) thick hair. I put it in two braids and pin up with barrettes

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I should try this. I just thought there was an easy neat trick I just didn't know about :-)

These are 4 inches for thick hair.
https://www.amazon.com/Scunci-.....r=8-3

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 7:39 am
My hair is mama thick, so I make 2 low pigtail braids and clip em up

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:07 am
I wear a kippah fall and my own hair blends with the wig. It’s amazing in the summer because I pull all the hair (my own and the fall) together into the same pony. And it’s a very thin piece. I barely feel it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels