Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Ability to conceive after the vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:15 am
Did you or do you know people that have? Especially after both vaccines? I know it's soon and probably a scare based on nothing, but it'll make me feel better if you know any. I'm in the middle of fertility treatment and I got the first shot.
Please don't post frightening stories or theories. I just want to know if you or someone you know became pregnant after.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:23 am
Too soon. First vaccine was 12/14, I believe. 3weeks later is 1/4. (Assuming Pfizer and not Moderna) it’s only need 2.5 weeks since. If someone conceived that very night, they would only have found out they were pregnant like 3 days ago at the earliest. By Purim we will know more.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:34 am
So I guess the best way to find out is if some is doing IVF. They could be further along in the process if they got a transfer. would at least let me know if implantation happened.

And thank you so much for going with facts and helping me be rational!

Lita

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 1:49 am
I recently read (I think TOI, not sure) about women who volunteered fir the initial vaccine trial, who were unaware at the time that they were pregnant. They all delivered full term healthy babies.
And based on that knowledge, an Israeli doctor is recommending all pregnant women get the shot, due to numerous pregnant women catching covid and in serious condition in ICU’s in that country.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 2:11 am
In Israel, every pregnant woman I know is going to get vaccinated now, after the past few weeks the headlines have been full of pregnant women hospitalized with covid complications.

The doctors here are advising pregnant women get vaccinated.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:16 am
Lita wrote:
I recently read (I think TOI, not sure) about women who volunteered fir the initial vaccine trial, who were unaware at the time that they were pregnant. They all delivered full term healthy babies.
And based on that knowledge, an Israeli doctor is recommending all pregnant women get the shot, due to numerous pregnant women catching covid and in serious condition in ICU’s in that country.

Correct. A number of women in the trials got pregnant and had healthy outcomes.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 9:03 am
Lita wrote:

Um the trials were less than 9 months ago

happy chick

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Um the trials were less than 9 months ago

They could have already been a few weeks along. Either they didn't know due to any number of reasons. Or they knew they were pg and did the trial anyways.
I'm not a very big fan of this particular vaccine, but it is very reasuring to hear that.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 9:17 am
happy chick wrote:
They could have already been a few weeks along. Either they didn't know due to any number of reasons. Or they knew they were pg and did the trial anyways.
I'm not a very big fan of this particular vaccine, but it is very reasuring to hear that.

Weren’t the trials in July? They’d be 3 months along, so no “I didn’t know”, and they would have delivered this week.
Either way, OP, it’s probably fine!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:22 pm
I didn't write my OP clearly. Thank you all though. Wondering if you know someone who conceived after getting vaccinated. Concerned about ability to have implantation and about early first trimester .
Does anyone know?
I'm having spotting for no reason and it's about a week after the first shot. I'm not currently pregnant, but am in the middle of fertility treatment.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't write my OP clearly. Thank you all though. Wondering if you know someone who conceived after getting vaccinated. Concerned about ability to have implantation and about early first trimester .
Does anyone know?
I'm having spotting for no reason and it's about a week after the first shot. I'm not currently pregnant, but am in the middle of fertility treatment.

So you need to be convinced that civilization won’t end since the plan is to have the world 85 to 90 percent vaccinated ?

Please OP, put away your phone or close your social media for a while.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:39 pm
No one could know yet

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:44 pm
It's probably fine but there really is no way to know yet. It's too early.

Wait a few months. There will be more data by then.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
So you need to be convinced that civilization won’t end since the plan is to have the world 85 to 90 percent vaccinated ?

Please OP, put away your phone or close your social media for a while.

Can anyone steer OP to something that might encourage her or give her solid info? I think she could use that now.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:52 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Can anyone steer OP to something that might encourage her or give her solid info? I think she could use that now.

Doctors and scientists are all saying the vaccine has zero impact on fertility. I tend to believe them but if you want to rely on statistics, the data isn't out yet. You just have to wait a few more months until actual studies are published based on data.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I guess the best way to find out is if some is doing IVF. They could be further along in the process if they got a transfer. would at least let me know if implantation happened.

And thank you so much for going with facts and helping me be rational!

If your issue is about conception post vaccine then IVF is not a proof for anything. Because of the nature of the fertilization occurring outside the body.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

She knows that all scientists say there is absolutely no link to infertility from the vaccine

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:19 pm
https://covidvaccinfor.files.w.....4.pdf

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:38 pm
It is too early to assess the after. Very few people of childbearing years have had the second dose + ttc and mikvah yet.

I would love to have a thread of that here though for people to post that they conceived after 2 doses. I think it will be very welcomed by everyone!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:53 pm
I'll daven for you I know tefila helps!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics