Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood camp prices
1  2  Next

momof2+?

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 12:54 pm
I am looking to compare camp prices for my son and daughter (coming out of primary and first). Which camps are known to try less hard to impress the kids with lots of paraphernalia and over the top stuff? Do the prices reflect that? Boys only have 1 month while girls have two. Girls day camp is 5-6 hundred per month?! I would appreciate names of specific camps whose prices are on the lower end. Thank you!

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 3:12 pm
I would love this info as well...but for my preteen daughter

small bean

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 3:18 pm
For my boys I found kesher to be well priced. I haven't sent in a few years, so I'm not sure today what the price is.

I sent my girls to cahveiros which I think is one of the more pricey camps.

But for your daughter, you can send to backyard camps at that age for a much better price.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 9:31 pm
Backyard daycamps tend to b a bit cheaper

Also- Camp Segulah (definitely in the past don’t know current) was a bit cheaper than other camps-

momof2+?

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 6:27 am
I spoke to a backyard girls camp director last night. She charges $95 a week, so I imagine that is significantly cheaper than other daycamps. I am still hoping to hear about boys daycamps. I heard that "kesher" may be from the lower end price-wise. Anybody know?
Thanks and have a great Shabbos!

keym

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 7:27 am
I've found for boys mAh na im may come out cheaper.
When I sent years and years ago, it was the same price as many other camps but went for 5 weeks.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 6:28 pm
I heard manaim is not opening this year but when my som went years ago it was better price then other camps

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:31 pm
I am the original OP and bumping this up for this yr. I ended up sending my kids to backyard type camps last yr, but now I moved and don't have any in my neighborhood.
Which are the better priced camps? Do they have transportation to Toms river?

And why is camp for a 6 yr old so expensive!?!? (The 1 I looked into is $600 each HALF!!! She's perfectly fine with a bunch of craft supplies and a freezepop!)

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:36 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I am the original OP and bumping this up for this yr. I ended up sending my kids to backyard type camps last yr, but now I moved and don't have any in my neighborhood.
Which are the better priced camps? Do they have transportation to Toms river?

And why is camp for a 6 yr old so expensive!?!? (The 1 I looked into is $600 each HALF!!! She's perfectly fine with a bunch of craft supplies and a freezepop!)

The bigger camps charge more bec they rent space, hire lots of staff and lifeguards. A camp owner once wrote an article how it’s hard to even break even.
I love camp Meoros. It’s a smaller big girls camp run by Mrs liss from west gate. Down to earth fun. My girls went there after going to some of the more famous camps and loved it. Their prices are slightly less then other camps. Bec it’s cheaper I think it attracts a more yeshivish crowd which is nice bec the standards are way simpler. I find other camps the head counselors do big things to do break outs. In this camp the kids do the break outs type acrivities. Not sure if there is transportation to Tim’s river. Also not sure if they only start with first grade or second grade.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:38 pm
I’m sending to a new camp. Camp renana. DD coming out of primary is $500 a half. And $575 for 1st and 2nd. It’s slightly cheaper to send both halves and if u get 10 girls you can get a discount so I got that too. This is going to 4:00 which is great hours for me. It’s in Bnos Penina mass&prospect

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I’m sending to a new camp. Camp renana. DD coming out of primary is $500 a half. And $575 for 1st and 2nd. It’s slightly cheaper to send both halves and if u get 10 girls you can get a discount so I got that too. This is going to 4:00 which is great hours for me. It’s in Bnos Penina mass&prospect

I was looking into this , but im a little worried about how this camp will run without the camp owner present. The owner runs the camp in brklyn and hired someone to run it in NJ.

Also about the 4pm there are a bunch of camps that go till4 15, 430. Chaveiros, Ahava, dollhouse...

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 6:57 pm
Last year I sent to camp Rina. It’s in the 400s for each half and very wholesome and well run. It has nice facilities too. I would recommend it.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:05 am
Aliya is a cheaper camp for boys. They don't try to impress as much.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:09 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Last year I sent to camp Rina. It’s in the 400s for each half and very wholesome and well run. It has nice facilities too. I would recommend it.

Which schools tend to send to rina? Chassidish, middle of the road, yeshivish?

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:12 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
The bigger camps charge more bec they rent space, hire lots of staff and lifeguards. A camp owner once wrote an article how it’s hard to even break even.
I love camp Meoros. It’s a smaller big girls camp run by Mrs liss from west gate. Down to earth fun. My girls went there after going to some of the more famous camps and loved it. Their prices are slightly less then other camps. Bec it’s cheaper I think it attracts a more yeshivish crowd which is nice bec the standards are way simpler. I find other camps the head counselors do big things to do break outs. In this camp the kids do the break outs type acrivities. Not sure if there is transportation to Tim’s river. Also not sure if they only start with first grade or second grade.

I went to Meoros when it was still in a backyard and I loved it. I actually switched to a big day camp one summer for transportation but I went back for second half because I liked Meoros better.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:13 am
Lakewood people! Wow, ur pricing is so so cheap compared to where I live(far Rockaway) I’m paying 1400 (with a separate bus charge!) for the summer for my 6 year old son. Nothing was cheaper except one option for 1250 but I couldn’t send there bec they aren’t doing bussing which I need. 😟 it’s a fortune!!

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:15 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Lakewood people! Wow, ur pricing is so so cheap compared to where I live(far Rockaway) I’m paying 1400 (with a separate bus charge!) for the summer for my 6 year old son. Nothing was cheaper except one option for 1250 but I couldn’t send there bec they aren’t doing bussing which I need. 😟 it’s a fortune!!

All the big camps are 1250+ and busing is usually a separate fee. It's not cheap. I moved from far rockaway and I'm paying the same.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:

In Lakewood a mid age elementary girl is easily 1300-1380 for a full summer + 200 bussing. It’s not really cheaper.
Pre-teens and teens can be even more

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 11:02 am
For boys coming out of Primary through sixth, Camp Kesher is amazing. They are more moderately priced, but you get the same program as the other camps. What I love about it is the way they put the focus on the campers, my boys are not just lost in the crowd. The staff is amazing, it's such a warm happy place.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Which schools tend to send to rina? Chassidish, middle of the road, yeshivish?

This year it’s $440 a half.
It was more on the yeshivish side, but we are not yeshivish and we did not stand out there, dd was happy and fit in. Not hasidish. Schools I’m not sure. Very few from my dds school (I don’t want to say the school bc it makes it obvious who I am). A good amount of bais faiga I remember.
It’s a wholesome down to earth crowd (hence the price). Again, well run and girls had lots of fun. Not like. A backyard camp at all yet good price
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries