Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hospitals in Israel are starting to turn away patients.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 11:56 am
I'm in the hospital. I actually went in through the COVID emergency room due to me having fever. My fever is due to infection and not COVID but I saw the endless beds in the hallway...

It's scary.

6 HOSPITALS LIMIT ER'S -
"Following severe lack of supplies and medicine, we hereby announce that starting Sunday 24.1.2021 at 6am, you will not be able to send ambulances and patients that do not require a life-saving procedure or are infected with coronavirus to our facilities," said Sharee Zedek, Laniado, Mayanei HaYeshua and three other hospitals in Nazareth". (Ynet)
-- The non-governmental hospitals are complaining that MOH Corona restrictions on services, the ones they make money on have been halted (like elective surgery), leaving them without enough money to continue to operate.

This piece of news was released in the past 24 hours.

WOLFSON HOSPITAL (Holon) STOPS RECEIVING PATIENTS DUE TO CORONA OVERLOAD -
MOH approves request from Wolfson Hospital (Holon / South Tel Aviv) to stop accepting patients due to Corona overload. (Israel Hayom Hebrew). [[ Unclear from the brief info if this is stop ER, stop accepting more Corona patients, or stop accepting any patients. ]]

I know someone who gave birth in the COVID ward this week and she said she was not attended to after birth, wasn't given food, no one can come and advocate. I've heard theyve sent COVID women giving birth to the regular ward due to lack of space as well.

Young people are suffering too. The lack of medical care is detrimental to the entire country. You can help stop the spread.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 12:58 pm
I have an MRI scheduled at Shaare Tzedek for Wednesday. Do you think I should call and confirm that I still have an appointment? It took me 3 months to get this one.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 1:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I have an MRI scheduled at Shaare Tzedek for Wednesday. Do you think I should call and confirm that I still have an appointment? It took me 3 months to get this one.

100% Doesn't hurt to call. That's where I am.

Roots

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 1:39 pm
oy, I read this on the news..
hopefully they will get the money they need to keep them open
refua shelma

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 2:26 pm
Roots wrote:
oy, I read this on the news..
hopefully they will get the money they need to keep them open
refua shelma

Not just money. They don't have enough staff!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:00 pm
[[[ update on Wolfson hospital - per updated report, they only are stopping accepting CORONA patients. ]]]

ALERT - SIGNIFICANT BACKUP AT MULTIPLE HOSPITAL ER's
(haScoopim) Right now many hospitals have significant ER backups, with ambulances waiting for long hours to get patients inside. [[ assumably due to Corona case overloading ]]

These are all updates by the way from a what'sapp group that sends only factual information and studies on Corona in israel. No chatter. If anyone wants the link I can post it. It's an admin can only post type of group.

My husband went downstairs just now and tge emergency room is a zoo. People really are waiting hours. The hallways are flooded, ambulances are backed up....its really bad. I'm in the one the hospitals whose ER is closing tomorrow morning for new patients.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:37 pm
Refuah shleima, OP. Thanks for the update, it's good to hear how it looks from the inside. Here's hoping this passes soon and people get the help they need.

Success10

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:42 pm
I hope this is carried by all media outlets and publicized. This is what Israel has been trying to avoid since day one.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:49 pm
For many years the hospitals have been woefully inadequate for the population. We need way more and more between cities.
They’ll the MOH that.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:53 pm
Iymnok wrote:
For many years the hospitals have been woefully inadequate for the population. We need way more and more between cities.
They’ll the MOH that.

I agree. Bet shemesh is reaching a quarter of a million residents yet they don't have their own hospital. Every single surrounding moshav and Beitar and bet shemesh are all being sent to Jerusalem.

Everyone in gush etzion and efrat as well. Correct me if there is something closer for them... I don't think so.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:54 pm
And how many babies are born on the way there?
It’s not a Covid problem, it’s a big problem.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 4:07 pm
Iymnok wrote:
And how many babies are born on the way there?
It’s not a Covid problem, it’s a big problem.

Most of them are born at home or on the way.

Success10

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 4:18 pm
Iymnok wrote:
They’ll the MOH that.

Ok this is true, the ER wait has always been bad in Israel.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not just money. They don't have enough staff!

Yeah but specifically this strike (the one supposed to start Sunday) is about the demand for more financial help from the government.

Even if they do get government help, there are still likely to be issues because of being short-staffed, heck there already have been serious issues because of that. But they'll go back to accepting patients, at least.

etky

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 4:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree. Bet shemesh is reaching a quarter of a million residents yet they don't have their own hospital. Every single surrounding moshav and Beitar and bet shemesh are all being sent to Jerusalem.

Everyone in gush etzion and efrat as well. Correct me if there is something closer for them... I don't think so.

Correct.
The Jerusalem hospitals also serve the entire Gush Etzion area and also Kiryat Arba and its environs.
We have a regional emergency medical center in Efrat that has some capabilities of an emergency room but AFAIK not for anything related to Corona.
Wishing you a refuah shlemah OP and a very short hospital stay.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 7:34 pm
I just checked, my appointment is still on. (I wrote Wed above, but it's actually Tuesday.)

OP, if you'll still be there on Tuesday, is there anything I can bring you? They probably won't let me come in to say "hi", but I could leave something for you at the nurses station.

Chocolate, magazines, a paperback book?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I just checked, my appointment is still on. (I wrote Wed above, but it's actually Tuesday.)

OP, if you'll still be there on Tuesday, is there anything I can bring you? They probably won't let me come in to say "hi", but I could leave something for you at the nurses station.

Chocolate, magazines, a paperback book?

Aw you are so sweet! I'll be getting released today hopefully! Finally! So that won't be neccesary.

Visitors are welcome in freely actually. They just only allow one at a time in your room, although it's not being enforced. And no children or babies that can't wear masks, they can't even enter the hospital.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aw you are so sweet! I'll be getting released today hopefully! Finally! So that won't be neccesary.

Visitors are welcome in freely actually. They just only allow one at a time in your room, although it's not being enforced. And no children or babies that can't wear masks, they can't even enter the hospital.

B'H, so good to hear that you're going home!

Refuah sheleimah. Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:18 am
WOMAN DIES WAITING IN AMBULANCE FOR HOSPITAL ENTRY -
An elderly woman with Corona breathing problems being transported from a nursing home to a hospital died in the ambulance after no hospital would admit her. MDA commissioner: "Patients wait for hours in ambulances. Today a patient from a nursing home died in an ambulance because hospitals did not want to receive her." No hospital in the entire Jerusalem area agreed to accept her, claiming they had no vacancy. At one point the ambulance crew inserted a device to help with respiration into the trachea; her health deteriorated rapidly and her death was pronounced shortly thereafter.
https://www.israelnationalnews.....95490

Crying This makes me so sad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics