Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Flu vaccine!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 8:56 pm
I’m finding it odd how every year 100’S of woman are hospitalized for the flu but this year I wasn’t offered the vaccine and there was no mention of it. But when I ask anyone this they say well it’s there but corona... so does anyone actually know the truth or everything the answer is corona?

tweety1

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 8:58 pm
I know the truth but the answer is everything is corona. I was actually offered/my Dr drove me crazy to take the flu vaccine. I denied.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 8:59 pm
Not sure I’m understanding this. Why couldn’t you get a flu vaccine? It was highly recommended for this year - so there should not be two epidemics at the same time. We got vaccinated for flu in October (as usual).

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:00 pm
My children and I were all given the flu vaccine.
I have a few nieces with pertussis now.
Croup and chicken pox are also going around.
I barely hear of covid where I am.

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:00 pm
It's weird that you weren't offered the flu shot. All the doctors I know were telling people to get it early this year because there would be a shortage with more people than usual getting the shot. Plus they were worried that getting sick with covid and the flu at the same time could be really bad. My family all got the flu shot in September already.

It turns out that all the precautions people are taking against covid are keeping the flu from spreading this year. Most doctors and hospitals are seeing a major decrease in the flu among their patients this winter.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:02 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
It's weird that you weren't offered the flu shot. All the doctors I know were telling people to get it early this year because there would be a shortage with more people than usual getting the shot. Plus they were worried that getting sick with covid and the flu at the same time could be really bad. My family all got the flu shot in September already.

It turns out that all the precautions people are taking against covid are keeping the flu from spreading this year. Most doctors and hospitals are seeing a major decrease in the flu among their patients this winter.

Where I live there are no precautions unless someone wants to wear a mask and yet I wasn’t offered the flu vaccine which in past years was offered more then once.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:02 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My children and I were all given the flu vaccine.
I have a few nieces with pertussis now.
Croup and chicken pox are also going around.
I barely hear of covid where I am.

Croup is now a big time where I live up to age 15

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Not sure I’m understanding this. Why couldn’t you get a flu vaccine? It was highly recommended for this year - so there should not be two epidemics at the same time. We got vaccinated for flu in October (as usual).

Actually wasn’t recommended or mentioned by my OB

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:03 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I know the truth but the answer is everything is corona. I was actually offered/my Dr drove me crazy to take the flu vaccine. I denied.

I don’t know if I would deny but don’t know if I believe anymore.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:04 pm
Where do u live

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Where do u live

Tri state

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tri state

Our whole family was offered flu shots.
My ob
My pediatrician
Dhs doctor

Also tri-state

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Our whole family was offered flu shots.
My ob
My pediatrician
Dhs doctor

Also tri-state

Actually most people I associate with weren’t offered it I asked a few of my friends that are pregnant and said it wasn’t offered like previous years.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:22 pm
I was offered the flu vaccine. I took it. My kids too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Actually most people I associate with weren’t offered it I asked a few of my friends that are pregnant and said it wasn’t offered like previous years.

Maybe your community didn't offer it this year. Clearly, other people out there have a different experience. You sound disappointed that more people aren't suffering from the flu or something.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:42 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Maybe your community didn't offer it this year. Clearly, other people out there have a different experience. You sound disappointed that more people aren't suffering from the flu or something.

No I’m feeling more and more like everything is being blamed on covid!!
Heart attacks
Strokes
Infections
So many of these have been mistreated cause it must be covid. Suddenly flu is nothing cause there is covid my question is if half the people would take flu tests would it be positive??

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Heart attacks
Strokes
Infections
So many of these have been mistreated cause it must be covid. Suddenly flu is nothing cause there is covid my question is if half the people would take flu tests would it be positive??

Maybe where you live or the doctor you go to didn't offer it. Where I live and the local media here talked about making sure to get the flu vaccine especially this year because of COVID and wanting to prevent flu going around as much as possible. People were talking about wanting to make sure to get it early because they were worried that so many more people who get it this year BECAUSE it was being said it was especially important to get it this year and people were worried that vaccines may run out (when I say "people" I mean people I know and people on local social media). My husband and my kids, and I all got the flu vaccine this year and we all go to different medical practices and were offered it at all of them.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Heart attacks
Strokes
Infections

Just look at excess deaths if you're concerned.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:47 pm
My kids got flu shots and my husband also. My kids were sick a few times this season but it was not covid .I work with little kids and I made a lot of changes to our day that includes more hand washing more on top of not putting things in our mouth or if we do cleaning them. Also washing bedding more often. And I am finding not as many runny noses and if they get one it clears up faster less ear infections also. If I wipe a nose I wash my hands it's really interesting to see such a big difference.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Heart attacks
Strokes
Infections

What are your feelings based on? People are being treated for the presenting problem. People are also testing for flu and showing positive results. How many people do you know who were mistreated? Why aren't people testing instead of making assumptions? Your post is very confusing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics