Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid Vax plan
1  2  Next

chick567

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:19 am
did you get vaccinated yet? how soon will the vaccine be available for a 45+ age group? I know seniors and first responders are eligible.
I love how in israel they are so efficient. whats the plan for americans? whats the timeline?

who can get vaccinated when?

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:30 am
I was vaccinated but I am a health worker.
I am hoping everyone (my family and strangers included) get vaccinated soon. The more people are vaccinated and the sooner they are, the safer it is for everyone.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:32 am
I’m all vaxxed up! Bh. I’m a healthcare worker, low-mid 20s

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:51 am
I’m a healthcare worker in my early 40s and I’m vaccinated. My parents BH are signed up to be vaccinated in 2 weeks.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:52 am
The vaccine distribution plan is being revamped, but I'd still say don't hold your breath before summer.

Right now, by 90-something father had to jump through a million hoops to get an appointment for next month. (Who was the genius who decided to use online services and email for a bunch of elderly folks to sign up?) And my late 70s former boss has been completely unsuccessful so far.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:53 am
It depends where you live since each state is handling it slightly differently, but realistically if you're around age 45 and healthy and not deemed an essential worker, your turn isn't likely to come for a minimum of 3-4 months based on current trends. This could change if J&J's vaccine is approved next month and rapidly available for use, and also if they change the rules about priority groups.

Your best bet is to find a place near you that has a few leftover doses at the end of the day; it's not easy, but there are many anecdotal stories of young health people getting vaccinated this way.

Rosie89

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 10:31 am
I got my vaccine yesterday. I’m 31 and I’m a teacher.

smss

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 3:34 pm
I got my first dose already, BH!
In the US it really depends on where you live. Varies not only state by state but even county by county in some cases. Best bet is to go on your county's website- they should have info there.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 8:11 am
chikaboo wrote:

I love how in israel they are so efficient. whats the plan for americans? whats the timeline?

I don't know that I would call Israel efficient. We are good at handling a fast moving emergency operation, and not getting too bogged down in the rules. This rapid vaccination operation is the kind of area where we shine. Generally, I wouldn't say day to day efficiency is one of Israel's strong points.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 1:02 pm
Im in Israel and have received both shots as of friday.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 1:25 pm
As I understood it, the US is currently vaccinating ~1M people/day, but the priorities for who gets it first and the detailed roll-out plans are being set by the individual states.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:23 pm
I'm a SAHM in my 40s with no high risk conditions other than being overweight. I have a feeling it will be months before I'm eligible for the vaccine. DH already got his because of his job.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:38 pm
Can teachers in NJ get vaccinated yet?

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 3:54 pm
In NY it’s extra slow my husband was hired to vaccinate in a priority place (can’t give more info) and so far a bunch of people sat around a week waiting to get the vaccines and so far nothing. And there goes lots of tax payers money.

chestnut

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 4:36 pm
NYC is cancelling many appointments due to lack of vaccines

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 5:07 pm
My father, in his mid-seventies, got a text message inviting him to book an appointment for the vaccine (in London). He claims that the keyboard smoked with the speed at which he replied! He got the first dose the next day. The second dose is an open question.

behappy2

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 5:16 pm
It seems like in the summer unless you work at a specific job like a school, grocery, doctors office..This for NY

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 6:02 pm
Got vaccinated, B”H. (Work in education field.) Got my parents vaccinated, as well (above age 75). DH got one of the leftover doses at the end of the day. Now davening that the second doses come through for us all.

Jewishmom8

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:26 pm
I am in Israel and I am getting my second shot tomorrow IYH.
I am in my low 40's

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:31 am
32, teacher, NYC. Got my first shot and hoping my second one comes through okay.

I am horrified that older people are having such a hard time getting vaccinated. I feel a bit guilty that I am in the same eligibility category as people who are probably in greater danger of Covid complications than me and should have gotten the vaccine by now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics