Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Supper- if both you and dh work f/t?

If both you and dh work f/t, do you always make supper?
Yes  
 50%  [ 37 ]
No, dh sometimes makes supper too  
 49%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 73

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:03 am
If both you and dh work full time, do you always have supper for dh, or does he ever make supper?

If you don't know when dh will come home or if he'll eat when he comes home (sometimes he orders food if he's running late at work), do you call him to find out every day?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:17 am
When we both worked full time, the crock pot was my best friend. DH leaves at 5:30 am so I was usually the one putting up the dinner in the morning. He did put up the chalont on Fridays before he left.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:18 am
I am the cook in the family and I do all cooking related things like menu planning and food shopping. My husband does cleaning including laundry and ironing. This works for us

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:18 am
I generally do the menu planning and cooking but he generally does the shopping and cleanup.

That said, if I don't manage to cook, he's a big boy. He can figure it out.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:33 am
We both work from home these days.

Making dinner is a sore point in my house. Dh refuses to help out. I typically buy dinner around 4-6 times a month, and cook the rest of the time.

My wont even prepare himself salad. I purchase the mix. All he needs to do is cut up a cucumber and avocado and sprinkle some crunchy onions ontop. Dh says its to difficult Can't Believe It

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:16 am
I work 2 part time jobs. My husband full time. I usually cook supper but he's happy to do it any time I ask. Usually he cooks on sundays and a few things for shabbos.
I am so grateful for it and it's a huge help. He loves being in the kitchen cuz his mom never let her kids in! Win-win.
Now my 5yo is starting to help as well.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:22 am
DH always makes dinner. If I run too late, he eats with the kids and I heat up whenever I get home. I would never pick up takeout for myself instead of eating his food, he would be mad. But I never get home later than 7 unless I'm traveling. I can see how someone who has to stay later wouldn't be able to be hungry all that time.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:31 am
If my husband made dinner it would be grilled cheese every night since that’s all he knows how to make. We do both work full time but because of childcare the hours are slightly staggered so I leave earlier and get home earlier and he leaves later and gets home late. So yes, dinners my job, but he doesn’t care what I make. It’s generally 1 pot meals or left overs or crockpot

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:34 pm
I cook
I get home at 5, dh at 630 so I try to have it ready for when he comes home

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:35 pm
When we both worked full time, I finished much later than dh. We've never been into big formal mid-week meals, supper is usually pretty basic. It wasn't unusual for him to pull something together to eat.

zaftigmom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:49 pm
I shop and cook, he cleans and does laundry. If I'm ever too overwhelmed, we buy or he'll make sandwiches.

hellokitty

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:23 pm
I plan, order/shop, do most of the involved prep work and most of the actual cooking. dh is in charge of thursday night dinner. I'll add any items he needs for thursday to my list if I know in time. since he's wfh right now and I'm going to my office, he'll pre-heat, stir or adjust a crockpot dial, pull dough out to rise, etc as needed and I finish up when I get home

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:46 pm
Why is there no option for "dh always makes supper"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Why is there no option for "dh always makes supper"
I forgot this option. You could answer the poll with dh sometimes makes supper

rachel0615

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:35 pm
My husband does food shopping. I do cooking. On normal weeks, I meal prep on Sun so the week is less stressful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics