Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Information about Bais Mikroh, Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:58 am
I am looking into Bais Mikroh, a boys school in Monsey. Does anyone have any kids that go there that can give me some feedback about the school? Thanks

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:37 am
I do. Younger age kids though. Pretty happy there, BH.
What do you want to know?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:59 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I do. Younger age kids though. Pretty happy there, BH.
What do you want to know?

What type of families send there? What neighborhoods in Monsey are they living in? Warmth of the school? How is the secular education? Thanks!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:07 pm
deleted as it was outdated information.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I heard they give a lot of petch. This was 7 years ago so maybe things have changed. This persons husband worked in catering business and said everytime he was there to do an inspection some child was getting hit with a belt or yardstick.

I had heard this has stopped over the last ten years but please let me know if it is still true. I would never send to a school that hits a child.
I am stuck because I can't seem to find a school that fits our family hashkafa except the cheider and they have no room 🙁

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I heard they give a lot of petch. This was 7 years ago so maybe things have changed. This persons husband worked in catering business and said everytime he was there to do an inspection some child was getting hit with a belt or yardstick.

This is so not true. My 3 boys went there from kindergarten through 8th grade.my oldest is out of high school and My youngest is in 8th grade now. They have never witnessed any boy being hit through all the years they have been there.
Mostly yeshivishe families from all Monsey neighborhoods. Limudei kodeslh studies very strong. Secular studies in the upper grades has less emphasis but comparable to other similar schools in town.

Hashkafically and chinuch wise very much like the cheder. I hope they have room for you.

I am posting amother as I gave out my kids ages.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had heard this has stopped over the last ten years but please let me know if it is still true. I would never send to a school that hits a child.
I am stuck because I can't seem to find a school that fits our family hashkafa except the cheider and they have no room 🙁

Am I no Meivin but the Yeshivish chedarim here are:

Bais Dovid-officially ultra Yeshivish with a nice sprinkling of Heimish/Chassidish. Reality is many of the families are not that ultra as they would like to believe. Downside is they do not do well with kids that have learning issues.

Bais Mikroh-don't know anything except that it is also very Yeshivish. I am going to assume that they have a mix of diff types of Yeshivish though.

Degel-more Yekkish or more American but still Yeshivish. Smaller than the Bais Dovid and Bais Mikroh. Very structured.

The Cheider-also Yeshivish, more current with the times

YSV-I have no clue. I know Yeshivish ppl that send and not Yeshivish who send.

Did I miss any?

Oh, and the English department is bad in general in Monsey comporably to other places.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:42 pm
As an alternative Rabbi eisgrau recently opened a new boys school similar to the cheder. And another new school opened for the same type of people just forgot who is running it.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
As an alternative Rabbi eisgrau recently opened a new boys school similar to the cheder. And another new school opened for the same type of people just forgot who is running it.

Isn’t he the principal at the cheder?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:23 pm
There is also cheider beer yeshaya. They have a great education in all areas . Great principal. Heard very good things about them. You might wanna check it out.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Isn’t he the principal at the cheder?

That’s right. His classes were too full and saw the need for another such school so he opened another school for the same type of crowd but different hanhala and different location.

I am very happy with Bais Mikroh. I highly recommend them. I know others who are equally happy in the cheder. They are the ones who told me about the new cheder.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:51 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
There is also cheider beer yeshaya. They have a great education in all areas . Great principal. Heard very good things about them. You might wanna check it out.

Beer Yeshaya is ex chassidish/modern chassidish. It's by far not yeshivish.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Beer Yeshaya is ex chassidish/modern chassidish. It's by far not yeshivish.

OP was looking for yashivish, is something else.

Oh because beer yashya is known to be a good cheider, regarding the types that send there I dont know.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:12 pm
deleted as it the situation is claimed to have changed

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:49 pm
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!
Yes, I am looking for a yeshivish type of yeshiva but not chassidish

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I used to go in to privately teach one of the boys. He was in sixth grade. He told me his teacher knocked out a front tooth of one of his classmates. That's a permanent tooth! Likewise this was a number of years ago (maybe 8-10 years ago.) Could be they no longer hit, like someone suggested.

The school got a lot of flak for hitting a few years ago and I believe they don't do it anymore.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:09 pm
What is the heter to share negative information (which is not relevant and definitely not currently true) in a public forum like this??
My boys are there and we are BH very happy. Very good rebbeim, nice hanhala and beautiful parent body. I consider us open -minded yeshivish, and there are is a pretty wide spectrum of parents in BM but the majority lean yeshivish.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:14 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
What is the heter to share negative information (which is not relevant and definitely not currently true) in a public forum like this??.

She needs to know so she can do research and make sure it really doesn’t happen anymore. If things like this are kept secret, yeshivas get away with stuff like this.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:19 pm
The people who posted it should have done their own research first. It is not currently a problem and they would have had no trouble finding that out.
I’m sorry to be harsh but this is straight out LH-or motzi Shem ra- in a very public forum, and is 100% wrong.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:20 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
What is the heter to share negative information (which is not relevant and definitely not currently true) in a public forum like this??
My boys are there and we are BH very happy. Very good rebbeim, nice hanhala and beautiful parent body. I consider us open -minded yeshivish, and there are is a pretty wide spectrum of parents in BM but the majority lean yeshivish.

What is the heter of hiding such information and pushing it under the rug thus enabling it to go on?
It's not LH to say that it's a good school but they did have a hitting issue. When someone wants information on a school, they should be getting the full picture.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics