Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Hiring virtual assistant

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:42 pm
I'm self-employed and need help with organization and time management. I'm embarrassed to admit that most people would probably just handle these things themselves, but it seems we've all got our strengths and weaknesses. Can't Believe It

I've been considering hiring some sort of virtual assistant, but only if that'll make things LESS stressful and not MORE. Here's what I know so far:

- Needs to be a contractor, not employee (for liability and tax reasons)

- Will work 100% remote. They are responsible for their own tax reporting.

I've got several things going on, all within the same basic line of work. I don't need an assistant who knows the field, I just need them to be able to organize all the mess out of what I'm doing and maximize efficiency. Bonus points if they're decent with record keeping, but that's secondary to organization and time management skills.

I never hired an assistant before, so I hope I'm not just adding more stress to everything. If you have experience with hiring assistants, PLEASE share what you know - scope of work, pay range, any potential legal/liability/tax issues, how to hire (tips on what to look for/rule out in applicants). Thank you!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:38 pm
Bump

corolla

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:43 pm
Not what you asked for, per se, but I'm desperately in need of a job and would love to be your virtual assistant. PM me for my resume.

corolla

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:55 pm
Sorry, didn't mean to be another.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:05 pm
OP, I think if you'd be somewhat more specific about the job then you would get some good input here.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:11 pm
Hey, this is a great post!
I also need a virtual assistant to schedule appointments,
field e mails, and collect payment.
I was told that there are companies overseas that do this... but I have no information.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:02 pm
You could hire a recruiter to post an ad for you, and find the right candidate for the job.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:15 am
I've hired a few. I've found them via networking groups for the most part. I hired people who were doing VA or OBM work anyway for other clients and were doing it as a career and not as a "hey I need work--- what do you need done" type of thing. I would just email them once a week with a hey can you get the following done this week please and they'd message me back with what got done, etc.

I 1099'ed, never W-2ed--- they worked on their own schedules.

It was a positive experience. I chose to go much more part time as my kids' special needs took up more and more and more time so I just don't even need the help anymore for the level at which I work these days (BARELY--- lol). But when my twins were babies and I was a sales director managing a large team it was super helpful.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:48 am
I’ve hired many VA’s.

Most were referrals or from an industry-specific forum or Facebook group.

I would not be able to manage my business without VA’s!

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:28 am
Check out this company
https://www.virtualassistantisrael.com/

curlyhead

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:16 am
I am a VA but specialize in repurposing content, youtube and podcast. I know a Frum general VA who is looking for work. Message me for her details

number

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:31 am
The most cost effective way is to hire from the Philippines. Someone above mentioned Israel and I bet that would work too because salaries tend to be lower there as well. It’ll be a lot easier if you hire someone with prior va experience. They could help you learn how to use them. Otherwise there will be a real learning curve.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:15 pm
I think you need to Start by identifying exactly what a VA would do for you that would make your life easier.
I’ve been a VA for a number of years and I know it can be a great help. But if you don’t know what need it won’t help and will cost you money for not good enough reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics