Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My 4 week old wakes up every hour!
Previous  1  2

bernadette

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:44 am
Would you try giving the baby a bottle? Swaddle him , give 1 or 2 oz, burp him, give another 2 oz, burp him again. Make sure that he finishes the bottle.
I’m not saying that you should quit nursing, sometimes a baby might fuzz less. Try it.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:52 am
OP, I opened this thread to say "ME TOO" to the title, except my baby wakes up after 10 minutes. As I'm reading all your posts, I feel like someone else posted about me and my baby while I was rocking him to sleep.

My baby is the same age and does not stop to cry. I am a zombie. I have no solution because I already tried so many things. At this point, I tell myself, he'll outgrow this, I just need to survive until then. Rock, shake, put down, 5 minutes later crying, nurse, put down, 5 minutes later crying, it's an endless sleepless cycle. I babywear him but he shrieks there too and it makes my ear ring from his crying. Even in the few minutes that he's quiet, I hear the echoes of his cries in my head.

Hashem should give us yiddishe mothers koach to tend to our babies (and the rest of the kids who are suffering from an absent mother).

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes my last baby had reflux but was so much better at sleeping than him. Also I asked the pediatrician about reflux when I took him last and he said it’s too early for that.

4 weeks is not too early. Please see a pediatric gastroenterologist. My experience has been when they keep waking up, it's because they are in pain. Silent reflux is real and is diagnosed by a gastroenterologist.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:55 am
Babies tend to have a longer stretch of sleep. Make sure it’s at night.

tichellady

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can’t send out a 4 week old and my dh acts all helpless when I ask him to take care of the baby.

I didn’t send baby out. I hired someone to come watch baby in the house. Also if you have any friends or family who can come help out. Obviously much harder during a pandemic

987gold

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 2:57 pm
Is your baby hungry? A little formula may help just for now.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:12 pm
One of my babies was very colicky, always crying, my doc said to cut out dairy from my diet and BH that helped somewhat. Maybe consider allergies...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:18 pm
987gold wrote:
Is your baby hungry? A little formula may help just for now.

I tried but he didn’t want. Also he got much fussier after and it was supposed to be a gentle formula.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics