Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Capons for sheva brachos

neveralone

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:43 am
Anyone have a good idea.? It’s for a main dish for a party. Something relatively easy, not expensive. Maybe stuffed capons or something with cutlets that freezes well and doesn’t dry out. Thanks in advance!

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 7:49 am
Cook rice, mix a sautéed onions. Stuff Capons with rice mixture. Sprinkle with salt garlic pepper and paprika, smear a tiny bit of duck sauce, bake covered for about and hour.

hodeez

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:41 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Cook rice, mix a sautéed onions. Stuff Capons with rice mixture. Sprinkle with salt garlic pepper and paprika, smear a tiny bit of duck sauce, bake covered for about and hour.

I was going to write the same thing! kishke stuffed capons also seem to be popular.

neveralone

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:47 am
Thanks! Any other ideas that can be done in advance with cutlets that won’t dry out or I can assemble and bake fresh?

sky

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:41 am
To me capons is a fancier more expensive dish.
For an easy chicken at asimcha you can make an oven baked chicken cutlet in sauce. I find it stays moist when reheated
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57733
I reheat piled in pan with parchment paper between layers covered and sprinkle with sesame seeds when serving.
I’ve also seen in kept on baking sheets in a warmer covered and they stayed moist. It stays prettier this way
Depends how much space you are working with
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey