Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
COVID again?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:32 am
Do you personally know anyone who got covid again? I don't mean after perhaps a false negative and then a positive soon after being sick. I mean six months later. There are so many rumors out there, I'd like to hear from some imas here.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you personally know anyone who got covid again? I don't mean after perhaps a false negative and then a positive soon after being sick. I mean six months later. There are so many rumors out there, I'd like to hear from some imas here.

-my friend's mother in law
-my grandparents' neighbor
It seems to be the exception and not the rule bh, but its definitely possible

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:38 am
Yes
Had massive heart at ache second time.
Tested positive for both antibodies and COVID in hospital.
Had donated plasma in past.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Yes
Had massive heart at ache second time.
Tested positive for both antibodies and COVID in hospital.
Had donated plasma in past.

This is what I fear. How much time elapsed between infections?
Can you have antibodies while being positive with covid? Anyone know?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is what I fear. How much time elapsed between infections?
Can you have antibodies while being positive with covid? Anyone know?

Yes, people definitely can get covid a second time. Then again, people have been known to get just about every "one and done" disease a second time. At this point, we don't really know if its an anomoly or if immunity fades quickly.

Either way, its relatively rare.

Wear your mask. Keep socially distanced. Wash your hands. And hopefully you'll be fine.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:47 am
A family friend got it twice, even after the first time left him with serious heart issues.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:49 am
Someone that is in the medical field said that he knows of ONE person that actually got it twice. He said it’s really not common.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:49 am
Yes
Husband & I & kids had Covid in March
We didn’t all test , but had antibodies after.
Now we all got sick & recovering. Not sure how long antibodies lasted .
Husband didn’t get sick, but I did & all the kids . Second time it’s more intense . And seems to be with complications also .

zohar

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:50 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Yes, people definitely can get covid a second time. Then again, people have been known to get just about every "one and done" disease a second time. At this point, we don't really know if its an anomoly or if immunity fades quickly.

Either way, its relatively rare.

Exactly. My dad got the mumps twice as a teenager, years apart. He is obviously ask exception. I know someone who got chicken pox twice. And the first time was not as an infant.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:59 am
According to what is known so far, those who do get it twice have either not fully recovered from the first time (if it’s within a short period of time) or they got a different strain of the virus the second time.

As of now it is still on the rarer side but who’s to know. This virus is only a year old.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:01 am
It's the UK and South African variants the second time...

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:03 am
I know 4 people I think who got covid right after Purim and then again in September/October.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:13 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
According to what is known so far, those who do get it twice have either not fully recovered from the first time (if it’s within a short period of time) or they got a different strain of the virus the second time.

As of now it is still on the rarer side but who’s to know. This virus is only a year old.

Do you have a source? I have not seen any data showing that the strains are always different for second infections.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:14 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Do you have a source? I have not seen any data showing that the strains are always different for second infections.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:24 am
elsily wrote:

I didn’t say it always is, I said it could be why.
I know that it is something that many drs believe to be true and something they’re doing research on.
My source is an infectious disease dr/ researcher who happens to be a family friend. Dm me for his name.

bwaybabe85

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:29 am
Two of my friends have tested positive twice

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:16 am
I posted above it can happen twice.
But all research shows extremely unlikely 3-6 months. Even longer. But they do see more risk as time goes on.
Right now they say it’s 1%
I know a dr in hospital who deals with pediatrics. Said has seen reinfection but so far only in high risk children low immunity children.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:23 pm
A friend had Covid right after Purim, and then again in December. A different friend's boss also had it twice, many months apart. In all cases it was definitely Covid.

People are getting it twice. I think it's short-sighted to assume that you have immunity if you've already had Covid, unless you currently have high levels of antibodies.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:41 pm
I'm an example of someone who tested positive twice about six months apart.

However the first time was most definitely a false positive (yes that's rare but it does happen), based on the many subsequent tests of both myself and my family members, and the fact that I had no antibodies afterwards.

elsily

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I'm an example of someone who tested positive twice about six months apart.

However the first time was most definitely a false positive (yes that's rare but it does happen), based on the many subsequent tests of both myself and my family members, and the fact that I had no antibodies afterwards.

So interesting that you had a false positive! Did you have symptoms of covid or did you get tested for a different reason?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics