Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:40 am
This was delicious and very easy. I didn't broil the salmon - I just baked it in the oven but didn't over cook it.

Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon

Excerpt From: Diane Morgan - Salmon.

SERVES 4

4 center-cut salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin on and scaled, pin bones removed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
½ cup mirin (see Cook’s Notes)
1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger

Sauce

4 teaspoons wasabi powder
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup honey

Steamed white rice for serving (optional)

To marinate the salmon, place the fillets in a baking dish just large enough to hold the salmon in a single layer. (Alternatively, you can place the salmon in a lock-top plastic freezer bag.) In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, and ginger. Pour over the fillets, turning to coat all sides. Marinate the salmon at room temperature for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour. (If you leave the fish in the marinade for more than an hour, the acid in the marinade will begin to “cook” the fish.)

JUST BEFORE BROILING THE FISH, MAKE THE SAUCE: In a small saucepan, mix together the wasabi powder, lime juice, soy sauce, and honey. Place the pan over medium heat and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn the heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and turns syrupy, about 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.

Arrange an oven rack or broiler pan about 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Remove the salmon from the marinade, wiping off any excess marinade. Place the salmon on a baking sheet, side down, and broil until it begins to color, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook, skin side up, until almost opaque throughout, but still very moist, about 3 minutes longer. (Don’t worry if the skin starts to char; it will be removed before serving.)

To serve, have ready 4 warmed dinner plates. If serving the salmon over rice, arrange some rice in the center of each plate. Remove the skin from the salmon fillets, turn the fillets flesh side up, and arrange on the bed of rice. Drizzle some sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics