Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many people can comfortably fit in a 1300-1400 sqf home?
Previous  1  2

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:26 pm
Mine is 1500 with public elevator, hallway, stairs outside my apt. That would probably make 1400 inside. Considered 4 br 2 baths. + kitchen & D.R. 7 people. 3 adults. 4 kids. I feel a little tight. Kitchen/dinette is nice. D.R. small. For shabbos we open door to next room which is supposed to be bedroom but we use as living room/playroom. Bedrooms are small. I can't arrange the kids like I like for them to sleep. Ain't going anywhere for now.

People in my development moved in with 4 kids but have 10 by now & they stay put. Kids get married. Other go to yeshiva & shoin.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:39 pm
I'm trying to understand this. my husband says our house in 1400 sf. We have two bedrooms, one bathroom, small kitchen, and then open plan dining room living room. It's very tight!

BAH BH we have 5 kids so far....

I'm trying to understand how man more bedrooms one can possibly fit in this amount of space??? Scratching Head

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:29 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I'm trying to understand this. my husband says our house in 1400 sf. We have two bedrooms, one bathroom, small kitchen, and then open plan dining room living room. It's very tight!

I'm trying to understand how man more bedrooms one can possibly fit in this amount of space??? Scratching Head

They might mean having a basement the same size as the main floor.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:32 am
2 adults and 2 kids

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:35 am
We are 8 ppl in 1420 sq ft
It’s a colonial cape which means the upstairs is that attic and smaller then first floor so much less space. Upstairs we have 2 bedrooms 1 bath. Our Main floor is 875 sq ft and it has compact eat in kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, laundry closet and study. We do have 1/2 finished basement not included in the 1400. That does give us more space and storage and 2 bedrooms.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:23 am

Well, on our main floor, we have a bathroom, closet, tiny living room, small kitchen, ok dining room, no eat in area in the kitchen. Upstairs, we have a bathroom and three bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is extremely small but can just just manage two twin beds and a very small dresser. Our basement has a laundry room and a guest room and a storage closet. We make it work.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:41 am

That sounds like 1200 SF. What size is your floor, a 20x60?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
That sounds like 1200 SF. What size is your floor, a 20x60?

You're right. I rechecked he said 1200.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:07 pm
How many kids do you have now?

If you have 3 or less you can easily move in and as your family grows you can a just.

If you have 8 kids now you might have a big problem fitting in.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics