Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
COVID again?
Previous  1  2

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:58 am
[quote="SixOfWands"]Yes, people definitely can get covid a second time. Then again, people have been known to get just about every "one and done" disease a second time. At this point, we don't really know if its an anomoly or if immunity fades quickly.

Either way, its relatively rare.

Wear your mask. Keep socially distanced. Wash your hands. And hopefully you'll be fine.[/quote.

I wish this was as effective as it sounds.

happyone

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:10 am
within 3 months the CDC considers it shedding from first time. After 3 months its reinfection. My uncle had it twice , once in March and once sukkos time.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I know 4 people I think who got covid right after Purim and then again in September/October.

Did they take a blood test the first time and the second time to prove it? Many people “assumed” they had it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:23 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Did they take a blood test the first time and the second time to prove it? Many people “assumed” they had it.

They did not test the first time but they did have the same classic covid symptoms including losing sense of smell.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 12:59 pm
Yes. My friend had it in March, and she now has it again. Both times with symptoms. And she tested negative in between, AND she had a high number of antibodies in the summer.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 1:16 pm
I was talking to a neighbor of mine a while ago, and she was upset because her best friend got Covid twice, and passed away from the second infection. Sad

Leahh

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 1:43 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Yes
Had massive heart at ache second time.
Tested positive for both antibodies and COVID in hospital.
Had donated plasma in past.

Three different medical professionals explained this to me. One can not have antibodies and actively have the disease. If a person has antibodies but still tests positive for COVID the test picked up dead cells, which is very common.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:47 pm
This is very interesting to get everyone's experiences. It does seem rare to get covid again. Would you all agree?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:22 pm
A relative of mine had all the symptoms in March and in September but she did not test. She now gave birth and tested positive in the hospital without having any symptoms.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:27 pm
To me it doesn't seem reinfection to be rare. A friend had it 5 months ago and had it again 3 and a half months later. Both times tested positive.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
To me it doesn't seem reinfection to be rare. A friend had it 5 months ago and had it again 3 and a half months later. Both times tested positive.

Was she equally as sick both times?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 6:27 pm
I had it twice! Symptomatic both times. Eight months apart. Confirmed with testing etc.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I had it twice! Symptomatic both times. Eight months apart. Confirmed with testing etc.

Where do you live?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:36 pm
My ten year old sister had it twice. Once last year pesach time (she was nine then), and another time a month ago. No symptoms, both times exposed to a family member

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 8:46 am
Hearing a few ppl getting it again. Some with current antibodies.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:13 am
My 19 year old sister has it now for the second time. First time she lost her taste and smell, and now she just has a bad cold. Tested positive both times, and she had a high number of antibodies in the summer.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:37 am
My brother got it in march, with symptoms, and got it again last month, again with symptoms. He tested negative and had antibodies in between.

My brother in law got it twice-had antibodies in between. Heavier symptoms the 2nd time vs the first.

A few residents in my nursing home caught it twice. Had antibodies and negative tests in between.

I dont consider it that rare...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:48 am
A relative of mine had it in March with all the symptoms and a positive test before and negative after.
Recently she was feeling under the weather and tested positive with a pcr. I urged her to take another pcr within a day or two and the second pcr came back negative. She tested with pcr again 2 days after that and it was negative again.
Make of that what you wish!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:05 pm
Just heard of women in mid 30s in critical condition who believed she had it before.

tulips100

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:11 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics