Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you want to go shopping with me, online?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:32 pm
I need to furnish a nice size spare room and am totally lost. This is not my forte. I have ZERO ideas even though I've looked online, so I'm turning to my IMA family for help. I'm open to everything. I'm thinking about two twin beds for guests and a freezer (I know they don't go together, but I definitely need the freezer and there's no room for it in the kitchen.) I'd like additional storage, maybe a dresser or chest? Maybe there are other ideas that I don't know about. We've talked about hiring a designer, but don't want to go down that route now. Please share your thoughts and any links. THANK YOU!

SingALong

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:48 pm
Is the pre a closet in the room? If so would you consider keeping the freezer in there? Just. Keep it out of sight so the room looks nice when you walk in. If not then maybe get a chest freezer, and when people are staying in there cover it a pretty table cloth.

If there is enough space between the beds, opt for a 3 drawer chest instead of a night stand, it will give you a lot more storage. I did this in a small room and it worked wonders. Got it from ikea, basic white 3 drawer chest. Measure your room dimensions to see if that would work.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:59 pm
Thank you for responding! You calmed my nerves. There's no closet to put the freezer in, but I love the idea of covering the chest freezer. Unfortunately, I already have an upright freezer. Sad Any ideas on how I could cover that?

There's definitely room for a chest of drawers between the beds. Do you think the chest is better than a dresser, assuming it fits?

What else should I put in the room?

Thank you!

advocate

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:53 pm
Could you put a folding screen in front of the freezer?

Also, google Freezer covers or Freezer wraps

Items I appreciate as a guest:

Shabbos lamp
Hanging space
Wastebasket (with opaque bags)
Clock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics