Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Blackhead addiction

hihi

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:23 am
Any tips to help me stop squeezing out my blackheads?
I know its ruining my face...and have bad scars from it. but I'm addicted to it.
please help!

flowergirl8

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:24 am
So funny cause I keep trying to squeeze mine and it doesn't work! I dont know how!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:25 am
Are they actual blackheads, or just sebaceous filaments all over your nose?

flowergirl8

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:26 am
MiriFr wrote:
Are they actual blackheads, or just sebaceous filaments all over your nose?

How do I know the difference?

hihi

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:27 am
imagirl wrote:
So funny cause I keep trying to squeeze mine and it doesn't work! I dont know how!
be my guest...I love doing it!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:33 am
imagirl wrote:
How do I know the difference?

Blackheads are actually black. Sebaceous filaments are not as noticeable, and they’re beige-ish.

Success10

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:38 am
I googled this once. When a person successfully squeezes out a clogged pore, they get a momentary "high" of achievement. This high that they get actually secretes dopamine or some other happy hormone in your brain. In other words, pimple popping is literally addictive. Your brain needs more and more of it. So weaning yourself off should be a similar process to any other addiction, I guess. I would try to go cold turkey and you'll find with time the urge will lessen.

One more thing, occasionally I do think some serious blackheads need to be squeezed, or they won't go away with a simple facewash, and they actually can cause stretched out pores and even scarring. That's my own theory, so if anyone here knows more on the topic, feel free to chime in.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 5:45 pm
Omg! I’m reading this and I have such an urge to get up to the bathroom and squeeze my blackheads out.

Frumme

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 5:48 pm
Keep a hair tie on your wrist and snap whenever you feel the urge to pop. Associate the urge to pop with the snap and you'll eventually stop.

Pavlov's technique

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 5:49 pm
Success10 wrote:
I googled this once. When a person successfully squeezes out a clogged pore, they get a momentary "high" of achievement. This high that they get actually secretes dopamine or some other happy hormone in your brain. In other words, pimple popping is literally addictive. Your brain needs more and more of it. So weaning yourself off should be a similar process to any other addiction, I guess. I would try to go cold turkey and you'll find with time the urge will lessen.

One more thing, occasionally I do think some serious blackheads need to be squeezed, or they won't go away with a simple facewash, and they actually can cause stretched out pores and even scarring. That's my own theory, so if anyone here knows more on the topic, feel free to chime in.
Yes, compulsive blackhead squeezing can probably be considered excoria, and like all body focused repetitive behaviors, and other compulsive behaviors, they are compulsive because they give us a neurochemical fix. It could be dopamine deficiency and the itch to increase dopamine. It could also be excess glutamate and too little gaba. NAC has been shown in some clinical trials to help with body focused repetitive behaviors. Gaba is also a good supplement for this.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 6:02 pm
Why not do one of those masks that rips all the gunk out or get that sucking machine?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics