Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Preschool for child with apraxia

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:14 pm
Hi, looking for recommendations for preschools in New York that have therapists trained to help out with verbal apraxia. Child does not show any signs of spectrum. Just very delayed speech that would make a mainstream preschool class difficult for him to navigate.
Thanks

miami85

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:33 pm
My son had Apraxia and we lived in NYC. it's been a few years already but please PM me. I used to work in CPSE so I have some insight but would rather it be more personal.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:37 am
I don't know what age you are looking for but striveright is an amazing school for speech and language disorders or hearing impairment for ages 3-5. Also, there is Pathways school. I now they have elementary grades I don't know if they have a pre1 a class.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:11 pm
op here- Thanks! I know strivright is incredible. However, I heard they don't specifically deal with apraxia.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:25 pm
I would call the school and confirm this information. I know when I was looking for a school for my child I disregarded his current school, that is a perfect fit because I heard it was for children with a different kind of disability. He ended up missing out on a whole year in that school and I regret that.

OliveBranch

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:43 pm
Please pm me too. I may have info. for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers