Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby sleeps with me but I don’t want it to be long term

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:11 am
I’m very against sharing a bed in general. But my baby won’t sleep anywhere but next to me and honestly I’m so tired that this is what’s working for now. I’m lucky if I get 45 minutes sleep at this point. I’m doing it safely before anyone starts jumping on me.

My question is at what age does this become a habit? Like I want to get him to sleep in his crib but right now am too tired to be up all night doing that.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:13 am
I think I’ve heard that up until 4 months it’s easy to change things and they’re not set in stone.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:19 am
Do it gradually.

Try to put him down for his daytime naps in his room, so he gets used to being in his crib and associates it with sleeping.

Get a side sleeper cot that attaches to the side of the bed. You can start moving him over there when he falls asleep.

Do you have space in your bedroom for a crib or pack n' play? If so, eventually you can move him into there, and from there start transitioning him into his room at night.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:21 am
Don't worry about it. For now you need to do what works. I transitioned different kids at different ages and they were fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics