Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Moderna vax SHOULD NOT be used on pregnant women
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:42 pm
https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/.....-who/

[Title edited for clarity ~mod]

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:45 pm
That's what herd immunity is for: you vaccinate everyone who can take it, and then the vaccinated people form a buffer around the rest.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:05 pm
We already know this!
But we also know the overall attitude of women on this site Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
We already know this!
But we also know the overall attitude of women on this site Wink

Do we? Just the other day I read here that it's okay for pregnant ladies to take the vaccine

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:36 pm
Who says no. CDC and the main ob organization say yes. Like everything else, it’s a machlokes so ask a dr you trust.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do we? Just the other day I read here that it's okay for pregnant ladies to take the vaccine

No organisation has said it’s ok. Because there is no data to be able to say that because they cannot include pregnant women in trials.

However, some people for their specific situations need to weigh up the risks versus benefits. It’s not just straight forward black and white.

Everyone in this situation needs to speak to their own doctors and make their own decisions.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That’s my point!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:58 pm
Who remembers Puah Fertilty zoom meeting! Rolling Eyes

They have alot of explanation to do.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:10 pm
Is their stance different for the Pfizer vaccine?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The WHO have not changed anything.

They never said yes to take it.

Everyone in the situation needs to work out the risks versus benefits for themselves and take advice from their doctors.

Has everyone also suddenly forgotten how the WHO covered up for China at the beginning of all of this? Why is everything they say suddenly correct now?

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I dont think much changed. Who doesn't have enough info to guarentee its safe. Puah said thr benifits of thr vaccine by far outweigh the risks and they are recomending it. I dont ser anything newsworthy here

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I believe Puah discussed the Pfizer.

Moderna is not the same as Pfizer.

Regardless, it is always risk-benefit.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:38 pm
mig100 wrote:
I dont think much changed. Who doesn't have enough info to guarentee its safe. Puah said thr benifits of thr vaccine by far outweigh the risks and they are recomending it. I dont ser anything newsworthy here

Finally another sensible voice.

I think some people here clearly have an agenda they are trying to push. Clearly not involved in decision making and just trying to stir.

Thank you for your post.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
No organisation has said it’s ok.

This isn't true. Several prominent organizations have released statements. I just saw these two recently:

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG):
“Vaccination is strongly encouraged for non-pregnant individuals within the ACIP prioritization group(s). Further, ACOG recommends vaccination of individuals who are actively trying to become pregnant or are contemplating pregnancy and meet the criteria for vaccination based on ACIP prioritization recommendations. Additionally, it is not necessary to delay pregnancy after completing both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Given the mechanism of action and the safety profile of the vaccine in non-pregnant individuals, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are not thought to cause an increased risk of infertility.”

American Society for Reproductive Medicine’s (ASRM) COVID Task Force:
"The Task Force does not recommend withholding the vaccine from patients who are planning to conceive, who are currently pregnant, or who are lactating (1,2,3). These recommendations are in line with those of the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the U.S. Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM). Patients undergoing fertility treatment and pregnant patients should be encouraged to receive vaccination based on eligibility criteria. Since the vaccine is not a live virus, there is no reason to delay pregnancy attempts because of vaccination administration or to defer treatment until the second dose has been administered.”

I'm currently TTC and my doctor strongly recommended I get it, so I did!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
This isn't true. Several prominent organizations have released statements. I just saw these two recently:

American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG):
“Vaccination is strongly encouraged for non-pregnant individuals within the ACIP prioritization group(s). Further, ACOG recommends vaccination of individuals who are actively trying to become pregnant or are contemplating pregnancy and meet the criteria for vaccination based on ACIP prioritization recommendations. Additionally, it is not necessary to delay pregnancy after completing both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Given the mechanism of action and the safety profile of the vaccine in non-pregnant individuals, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are not thought to cause an increased risk of infertility.”

American Society for Reproductive Medicine’s (ASRM) COVID Task Force:
"The Task Force does not recommend withholding the vaccine from patients who are planning to conceive, who are currently pregnant, or who are lactating (1,2,3). These recommendations are in line with those of the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the U.S. Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM). Patients undergoing fertility treatment and pregnant patients should be encouraged to receive vaccination based on eligibility criteria. Since the vaccine is not a live virus, there is no reason to delay pregnancy attempts because of vaccination administration or to defer treatment until the second dose has been administered.”

I'm currently TTC and my doctor strongly recommended I get it, so I did!

Apologies- I meant no one can say it’s absolutely fine because they haven’t done any trials on pregnant women because that would be unethical.

However, because of the risk benefit balance, lots of organisations are recommending to have it.

I don’t feel like I want to give details of my situation on here, but I am leaning strongly towards having it even at this point and stage in my life.

I’m not anti it at all. It’s just a risk benefit balance that I need to strongly think about. And talk to the right people about.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear originally. I’ve posted so many messages on all the billions of threads about this that I didn’t explain myself properly every time!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear originally. I’ve posted so many messages on all the billions of threads about this that I didn’t explain myself properly every time!

You're not wrong, and I think it's smart to be prudent and weigh your personal risks! Just wanted to clarify because I don't want it to seem completely doom and gloom for pregnant/ttc people.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:44 pm
mig100 wrote:

Yes, this. All the article says is that there isn't enough data on pregnant women. Which everyone has already acknowledged. Most believe that the benefits still outweigh possible risks since we do have some data, just not a lot. And even the article states that women are high risk of exposure should be vaccinated, which is what's happening in Israel.

thanks

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:26 pm
There was a study in that showed that the vaccine does not pass to the fetus. I wish I had a link, but I heard this on the radio from a doctor in Shaarei Tzeddek.

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:33 am
thanks wrote:
There was a study in that showed that the vaccine does not pass to the fetus. I wish I had a link, but I heard this on the radio from a doctor in Shaarei Tzeddek.

This is true. I have heard it drom several medical sources.

The concern in preganancy is that it could cause side effect like fever ( very small chance)

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:46 am
I think you mean this interview:

https://www.kikar.co.il/383814.html

It’s in Hebrew, but very interesting and thought-provoking for those who are able to understand it.

I’m 7 months pregnant and have been very torn re: what to do about vaccinating- there have been some scary cases amongst pregnant women, but the vaccine hasn’t been tested on this population... I trust Dr Grisaru’s opinion a lot and am much more inclined to vaccinate having heard her stance.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics