Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
FINALLY-Kosher Date Boxes (+Imamother raffle for a free box)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:52 pm
I looooove the "escape room in a box" games and there are a bunch of different types out there. If you made your own proprietary one, that would be very compelling to me (otherwise I'd probably just get my own stuff instead of subscribing to a mystery date box.)

onthecouch

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:52 pm
Love this idea. Didn’t read all responses yet
Maybe funny madlibs
Master chef type cooking or baking competition
A paint nite (with 2 canvases that connect )
Escape room
Decorate chocolate bars with cut outs and clippings
DIY yummy Drink ingredients (alcoholic or dairy)
scavenger hunt around the house

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:08 pm
Cake in a mug (microwaveable)

Elkec

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:59 pm
Any typical game but change the questions to Jewish themed- jeopardy, trivial pursuit, Pictionary etc
Coupon book to create custom favors
Scrapbook and supplies
3D metal puzzles with timed competition
Make a meat board
Madlibs

abmom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:59 pm
Some ideas mentioned that I liked
Escape room
Ceramic or canvas painting
Diamond painting -my kids made pencil boxes/notebooks with diamond painting on the covers. But it had many diff shapes diamonds. It made the activity less boring.
Modeling clay w instructions
Hatzlacaha! Very good idea, and you can have lots of fun creating those boxes! Enjoy!!!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:35 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I see a lot of what I wanted to suggest was already mentioned.

Sukkah decorations
Exclusive escape room in-a-box kits
A scavenger hunt that's well done
Soap making
Judaica themed crafting sets or activities
Resin craft
Plaster painting, more intricate designs so it's more appropriate for teens or adults
Embroidery or needlepoint
Challah covers
Decoupage
Shadow boxes

I would definitely consider purchasing these boxes, either as a subscription or once in a while treat if I feel it's a good value and of good quality.
I love creativity. I would need to feel that the box was designed really well with a lot of thought and creativity and that the materials in the box justifies the cost.

I also want to point out that I would probably not want to pay for something that I could easily purchase on Amazon if I would choose to. For example, the photo sample for the game box depicts a Banagrams and Mancala. These are classic games, and if I would've wanted them, I would've already purchased them.
Also, not only may I already own that game, many games go on sale frequently. Although the retail value of Mancala may be $10 and Banagrams may be $15 (these estimates are totally made up!), I would never pay that price. I would pay $6 for each if I'd come upon a deal for either. So I would be very disappointed if I'd pay $40 for a box and all I got were those two games and two bags of pretzels. To me, that would make my box worth at most about $13 ($6 per game and $1 for both pretzel bags). Add that to the fact that I may already own those two games, and it would be a total disappointment and I would probably never purchase a box again. I would, however, be thrilled to get a custom escape room or scavenger hunt. That would be so much fun! I wouldn't mind having a small commercial game just as a filler.
Don't know if I'm being clear here; just tried to put my thoughts into words .

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

SoBlessed

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:52 pm
Maybe some custom games like clean couples scattegories etc

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:47 pm
•Plaster painting
•(Air dry) clay pottery making
•Canvas board paint by number or step by step
•Jewish themed puzzle that can be hung up (and puzzle glue)

Fave

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:10 pm
Im thinking that it would be fun to have food fight activity.

The box would include a secret ingredient (shelf stable) and the 2 players would need to prepare 2 dishes (savory and sweet) incorporating the secret ingredient, using anything else in the house.

The box can also include a timer, to limit the cooking time.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:28 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I also want to point out that I would probably not want to pay for something that I could easily purchase on Amazon if I would choose to. For example, the photo sample for the game box depicts a Banagrams and Mancala. These are classic games, and if I would've wanted them, I would've already purchased them.
Also, not only may I already own that game, many games go on sale frequently. Although the retail value of Mancala may be $10 and Banagrams may be $15 (these estimates are totally made up!), I would never pay that price. I would pay $6 for each if I'd come upon a deal for either. So I would be very disappointed if I'd pay $40 for a box and all I got were those two games and two bags of pretzels. To me, that would make my box worth at most about $13 ($6 per game and $1 for both pretzel bags). Add that to the fact that I may already own those two games, and it would be a total disappointment and I would probably never purchase a box again. I would, however, be thrilled to get a custom escape room or scavenger hunt. That would be so much fun! I wouldn't mind having a small commercial game just as a filler.
Don't know if I'm being clear here; just tried to put my thoughts into words .

This Forsure. Also I would expect it to look like a beautiful novelty package, not a few random things in a box.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:59 pm
Another idea- resin and mold kit. You can make a challah board or tray, jewelry for her, mugs for each other.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:27 pm
mizle10 wrote:
This Forsure. Also I would expect it to look like a beautiful novelty package, not a few random things in a box.

Yes. The pictures on the website were unappealing. Also, the logo could use some work.

lucky14

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:34 pm
For sure hot cocoa bomb making kit. Maybe that and a puzzle or game and a matching pair of cozy socks. Cozy date night at home box :-)

pause

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:02 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
This is such a good idea! I'm ready to sign up!

My DH likes to play trivia games, but there aren't too many Frum ones out there, and I'm not so up on pop culture and neither is he. Would love a trivia type game!

This is what I wanted to say. Science, history, geography, general knowledge but no celebrities or sports which most such games are full of.

Also word games.

m2

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:21 pm
Some sort of Jewish trivia game/ scategories.

motherfrmisrael

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 2:19 am
What a great idea!

purplechips

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:25 am
A script to act out a play (maybe with one or two accessories for the costumes)

Madlibs, or maybe an outline to write a book together.
Hatzlocha!

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:37 am
Cookies and decorating materials (I know I always do it with the kids but its fun 😂)
Fruit and directions for fruit art/ making something fancy out of fruit designs

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:48 am
Cooking competition
Creative art- canvas paint, mosaic, wood art etc
Jewish themed game ie jeopardy

freilich

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:05 am
Maybe a game on figuring out your number on the enneagram? Or sort of figuring out each other's personality.

I think a cooking competition with exotic ingredients would be lots of fun.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics