Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDY did it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I don't think they're on a higher level. My friend that sends there says they're a normal level, which is one of the things she loves about the school. They tried to learn on a higher level but too many kids needed extra help so they lowered it to regular learning level. I love schools with normal learning level and not high & girls end up struggling. I wish wish my girls school lowers their level. They're on such a high level that 1/2 of the school gets remedial.

Oh so could be it has changed.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:57 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Would love an update in about two weeks,about any covid spread...

Schools all over are making performances, you're welcome to start your own thread on this topic.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:03 pm
fleetwood wrote:

This is not a covid thread!

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:17 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Monsey has been Norma since May!! Schools had shabbosim and performances more then a a few weeks ago and nothing

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
This is not a covid thread!

Nope,but it is a thread about a large gathering..I'm just curious to see what happens.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Monsey has been Norma since May!! Schools had shabbosim and performances more then a a few weeks ago and nothing

Good. Hope it stays that way.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:37 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope,but it is a thread about a large gathering..I'm just curious to see what happens.

Voice your opinion elsewhere please. This is not the place for it.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:48 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Voice your opinion elsewhere please. This is not the place for it.

I can post wherever I like...and under my screen name unlike you..

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Schools all over are making performances, you're welcome to start your own thread on this topic.

No thanks. Will wait to see the update here in a few weeks. Thanks

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:49 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I can post wherever I like...and under my screen name unlike you..

There was a thread about this. I think that there will be a lot of spinoffs, instead of what's perceived as hijacking.

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:54 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Are you funny?! Many, many schools has been having performances, plays etc, there are regular chassunahs and bar mitzvahs every night... and this one little performance will cause a spread?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:57 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I’ll give you the update from my kid’s school in Anytown, USA. Her school had several plays earlier this month. Shortly after the plays were over, 14 girls just in my daughter’s class had covid.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:57 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Whether it’s right or wrong, the facts are that Monsey has been having large unmasked unsocially distanced gatherings since May. Not much has changed. The rate of infection increased throughout the entire state and Rockland County is part of it. But I don’t think there is any dramatic difference in comparison to the amount of gatherings, weddings, fundraisers, tishin, school performances, supermarkets and stores full of unmasked people that have been this way for 8 months.
In my workplace , we are required to wear a mask and socially distance. But it’s super rare. Nobody else in our office building does. So I would be surprised if there would be a sudden big increase in cases in two weeks from now within the frum communities in Monsey .

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I’ll give you the update from my kid’s school in Anytown, USA. Her school had several plays earlier this month. Shortly after the plays were over, 14 girls just in my daughter’s class had covid.
Are they not in school every day together? It may have had nothing to do with the play.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Are they not in school every day together? It may have had nothing to do with the play.

Multiple different audiences

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:11 pm
How nice to be proud of your children’s school. Glad you told us instead of showed us.
Sad to see video clips and pics of it all over Instagram today without legal photo releases from all the parents. Can’t imagine principals too happy with the posting as well.
Like any Instagram bloggers who services kids - dance, art etc.... it’s illegal to post minors without written parental permission.
Maybe let other parents in your school know this.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:21 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Good. Hope it stays that way.

There are full crowd weddings every night in every simcha hall in every chassidisha community and theres generally no crazy cases afaik.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:32 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
How nice to be proud of your children’s school. Glad you told us instead of showed us.
Sad to see video clips and pics of it all over Instagram today without legal photo releases from all the parents. Can’t imagine principals too happy with the posting as well.
Like any Instagram bloggers who services kids - dance, art etc.... it’s illegal to post minors without written parental permission.
Maybe let other parents in your school know this.

No, it's not illegal if the kids are performing for the public. Photographers post pics, it's legal. Street Photographers can post pics of people without asking their permission. If the person is in public, it's legal to post.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:34 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
No, it's not illegal if the kids are performing for the public. Photographers post pics, it's legal. Street Photographers can post pics of people without asking their permission. If the person is in public, it's legal to post.

Of adults, not minors.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:36 pm
You are wrong. Indoor school performances aren’t considered public venues legally. Additionally, many BDY parents were upset to hear their children were all over social media.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics