Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Any boy-mamas out here? Can use bathroom tips!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:19 pm
Ever since I got a new cleaning lady, my most used bathroom smells like PEE! I sure as heck don’t know how to properly clean a bathroom, and I’m not sure why my cleaning lady doesn’t either. But what should I tell her to do? I need exact instructions to tell her so that I have a fresh smelling bathroom!

mammale

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:26 pm
Check if she is cleaning the base of the toilet.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:30 pm
I think the only cleanser that gets rid of pee smell is something that contains bleach. Make sure she is also washing the walls around the toilet. Boys squirt everywhere but the bowl.

Don’t worry, for years I thought my boys bathroom will always smell like the subway station. But Baruch HaShem they grew up and they aim properly now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:39 pm
mammale wrote:
Check if she is cleaning the base of the toilet.

She’s coming Thursday. I’ll try to remember to stalk her

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I think the only cleanser that gets rid of pee smell is something that contains bleach. Make sure she is also washing the walls around the toilet. Boys squirt everywhere but the bowl.

Don’t worry, for years I thought my boys bathroom will always smell like the subway station. But Baruch HaShem they grew up and they aim properly now.

I think she uses bleach, but I’ll check to see if she’s cleaning the walls.
Yucccckkkk

Motherhood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:59 pm
It tends to drip down the front base of the toilet bowl. Make sure she cleans the base like mammale said

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:29 pm
2 things I've learned.

Clean the wall behind the toilet

I ALWAYS found pee underneath the garbage bin that I placed next to the toilet. I used to always wash under it too while cleaning

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She’s coming Thursday. I’ll try to remember to stalk her

Your posts make you sound more aggressive than you probably intend.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:54 pm
Check the walls around the toilet.
The base of the toilet and around the back too.
Also check the hinges of the toilet seat. Mine unscrew with one turn so I can pick them up and there is almost always pee there.
Seriously boys are wonderous creatures Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
2 things I've learned.

Clean the wall behind the toilet

I ALWAYS found pee underneath the garbage bin that I placed next to the toilet. I used to always wash under it too while cleaning

She moves the garbage can to mop, so at least that’s covered! I’ll remind her to scrub around the base and the walls.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:11 pm
Any specific products to get?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:20 pm
I use either soft scrub with bleach or Lysol toilet bowl cleaner (which apparently has 10 percent acid 😳) but it does the job. I have 3 boys including Dh and one is relatively newly trained Bh (3 years old) and my bathrooms smell good bh.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:26 pm
I've always wanted to get toilet target stickers. to help my boys aim better. Never actually did since husband was mortified at the thought of having these around. (he doesn't clean the toilets...)

https://www.amazon.com/BERRYZI.....r=8-8

nchr

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:00 am
With little boys:

1. You need to spot clean the toilet multiple times per day with a regular cleaner or pet spray.

2. You need to deep clean at least once per day, which includes the base and back and floor around the toilet.

3. Try to designate one bathroom for all little boys, but really sometimes this isn't possible (I.e. in the morning or when you are bathing a kid in another bathroom or right when they come home etc.).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I've always wanted to get toilet target stickers. to help my boys aim better. Never actually did since husband was mortified at the thought of having these around. (he doesn't clean the toilets...)

https://www.amazon.com/BERRYZI.....r=8-8

Lol!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 9:08 am
nchr wrote:
With little boys:

1. You need to spot clean the toilet multiple times per day with a regular cleaner or pet spray.

2. You need to deep clean at least once per day, which includes the base and back and floor around the toilet.

3. Try to designate one bathroom for all little boys, but really sometimes this isn't possible (I.e. in the morning or when you are bathing a kid in another bathroom or right when they come home etc.).

I don’t have time to deep clean my bathroom every day! That’s what I hired my cleaning lady to do. She comes 1x a week. I always had that set up, but with a different lady who apparently knew how to clean toilets because my bathroom never smelled.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:00 pm
Careful not to mix bleach with ammonia- windex cuz ✨ chloroform ✨

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:07 pm
Weird question, does anyone have this issue with DH? Newly married and I grew up with a house full of sisters, this is new and not very pleasant

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t have time to deep clean my bathroom every day! That’s what I hired my cleaning lady to do. She comes 1x a week. I always had that set up, but with a different lady who apparently knew how to clean toilets because my bathroom never smelled.

IME it needs to be thoroughly cleaned everyday when you have little boys, even when you're 9 months pregnant, even when you are nauseous, even when you have a fever, even when your sister got married the day before. You need to wake up 5 minutes earlier. That's just been MY experience.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:20 pm
nchr wrote:
IME it needs to be thoroughly cleaned everyday when you have little boys, even when you're 9 months pregnant, even when you are nauseous, even when you have a fever, even when your sister got married the day before. You need to wake up 5 minutes earlier. That's just been MY experience.

Agree, or at least every couple of days. There's no magic cleaning potion that will make the bathroom stay clean from a once a week cleaning.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics