Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anti Science Covid Rules
Previous  1  2

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
My not particularly elderly mother (58) who lives alone AND has significantly high antibodies (she was sick in April and still has high antibodies) was told that she
needs to wear a mask while driving alone in her own personal car with all windows closed.

This is the craziest to me. Wearing a mask if theres a chance others might walk in, ok its extreme but wearing a mask alone in your car? Like SERIOUSLY?!

IMO this is what lead to mask exhaustion so fast. People freaked out and wore masks 24/7 the minute they stepped foot out of their front door (I literally have a neighbor who did this) and guess what - 2.5 months later they are fed up and not wearing it properly or they're not wearing it at all.

Moderation and common sense is always key - but unfortunately common sense is not so common after all Banging head

GetReal

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:27 pm
I called to check in for a virtual doctor visit and they asked me if I had any covid symptoms or exposure or traveled recently. If I said yes would I be disqualified for a virtual visit?

Mothers

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
My not particularly elderly mother (58) who lives alone AND has significantly high antibodies (she was sick in April and still has high antibodies) was told that she needs to wear a mask while driving alone in her own personal car with all windows closed.

Why?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:30 pm
These storys are just Confused Banging head

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:26 pm
My child has a weekly zoom telehealth visit with a doctor. Each week without fail, the doctors office calls to confirm that my child has no covid symptoms so he won't expose anyone. Each week I reiterate that its a visit from at home and so he won't expose the doctor and staff but they still call to check every week.

And, yes, the dr sits alone in a room masked....

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
My child has a weekly zoom telehealth visit with a doctor. Each week without fail, the doctors office calls to confirm that my child has no covid symptoms so he won't expose anyone. Each week I reiterate that its a visit from at home and so he won't expose the doctor and staff but they still call to check every week.

As I wrote earlier, doctors don't want to touch their masks by taking them on and off all day. Keeping them on all day besides lunch break is much smarter and safer than the alternative.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:57 pm
- Amusement parks require masks but apparently in a water park you can’t catch covid (no masks enforced.) just like you can transmit covid when your ordering food but when your eating it you can’t (in a restaurant).

- if you need to give birth both you and your doula need to present a negative covid test if you want to enter the hospital but your dh does not. Scratching Head. (Fathers of babies are miraculously protected from covid?)

- bars and clubs are essential. Shuls and schools are not...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:42 pm
I work in a very large building with hundreds of people coming through each day.
There was someone hired in July to take every person's temperature and point out the sign indicating that if you have any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with symptoms you may not enter the building.

I asked this employee if he has ever caught anyone with a fever since July. Answer: no.

I asked if anyone has ever read the sign and then not entered the building. Answer: no.

My boss said they were warned by the city that if they do not have this person taking temps and pointing out the sign, they risk fines of hundreds of dollars every day.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

The person doing the screening calls probably just gets the doctors schedule and it doesn’t filter which visits are virtual/in office

All doctors I’ve done telehealth with did not wear a mask- unless they were in a place where NP or fellow could walk in and sometimes join visit or they lechatchila started the visit with NP or fellow.

Only once did the doctor start off without mask and then said hold on a sec, dash is coming in, let me put my mask on now.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Or the dentist that insists my son wears his mask, but then proceeds to check his mouth.

Yeah. I was at the dentist, and my mask mistakenly fell on the floor. I was not going to put it on after that. The hygienist claimed they had no spare disposable face masks - at the dentist's office!! And I couldn't schedule a follow up then, because I can't talk to her without wearing my mask. But lady, weren't you just in my mouth?!?!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I work in a very large building with hundreds of people coming through each day.
There was someone hired in July to take every person's temperature and point out the sign indicating that if you have any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with symptoms you may not enter the building.

I asked this employee if he has ever caught anyone with a fever since July. Answer: no.

I asked if anyone has ever read the sign and then not entered the building. Answer: no.

My boss said they were warned by the city that if they do not have this person taking temps and pointing out the sign, they risk fines of hundreds of dollars every day.

While I agree with prescreening people and getting their contact info in case they need to be notified of a positive case that case; I feel that he temp taking is ridiculous.
1) those infrared thermometers scanning the air of my forehead from a socially distant safe place away are worth about the same as the diamond ring my daughter got from the dentist.
2) what? A febrile person can’t cheat the system if he wants & pop an extra strength Motrin dose?

People just gotta be honest... I know I know too much to expect from society at large...

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:44 pm
A BY school learning over the phone only-no zoom. Girls must wear their uniforms while on the phone! And who is going to stop by your house to check?

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
My not particularly elderly mother (58) who lives alone AND has significantly high antibodies (she was sick in April and still has high antibodies) was told that she needs to wear a mask while driving alone in her own personal car with all windows closed.

While other posts are idiotic, this is actually dangerous!! How could a Dr say such a thing?

chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
A BY school learning over the phone only-no zoom. Girls must wear their uniforms while on the phone! And who is going to stop by your house to check?

This is actually funny. Do girls wear their uniforms?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:42 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yeah. I was at the dentist, and my mask mistakenly fell on the floor. I was not going to put it on after that. The hygienist claimed they had no spare disposable face masks - at the dentist's office!! And I couldn't schedule a follow up then, because I can't talk to her without wearing my mask. But lady, weren't you just in my mouth?!?!

I assume you are required to wear a mask in the waiting room/ receptionist area because of the risk to other patients and staff who are not wearing the same level of protective gear as the dentist and hygienist are when they are working on your teeth.

Snickers18

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:53 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
While I agree with prescreening people and getting their contact info in case they need to be notified of a positive case that case; I feel that he temp taking is ridiculous.
1) those infrared thermometers scanning the air of my forehead from a socially distant safe place away are worth about the same as the diamond ring my daughter got from the dentist.
2) what? A febrile person can’t cheat the system if he wants & pop an extra strength Motrin dose?

People just gotta be honest... I know I know too much to expect from society at large...

The temperature taking makes me chuckle. Almost without fail, when I go to an appt, the person takes my temperature and says something like, “92! (Or 91 or 93) go on back!” I’m like, “is anyone here but me concerned?? Shouldn’t you be calling the ambulance?!”

This has happened in numerous locations. It seems to me that the people are just mindlessly taking temps and not actually processing what they’re reading.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:08 am
Snickers18 wrote:
The temperature taking makes me chuckle. Almost without fail, when I go to an appt, the person takes my temperature and says something like, “92! (Or 91 or 93) go on back!” I’m like, “is anyone here but me concerned?? Shouldn’t you be calling the ambulance?!”

This has happened in numerous locations. It seems to me that the people are just mindlessly taking temps and not actually processing what they’re reading.

Exactly
So one time I asked the nurse doing the screening, I mean how accurate is it (my temp was like 95.1 “you’re good, here’s your visitor sticker”) so she said “oh don’t worry, it would pick up a real fever”. My foot. My kid always runs in the 100+ range but is like 95.5-96.2 with these thermometers...

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:00 pm
chestnut wrote:
This is actually funny. Do girls wear their uniforms?

Not the ones I spoke to. 😉

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:30 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

I’m guessing it’s to get them to get dressed, your day had a different ‘panim’ To it when you’re dressed. Also, it might be a way to get the girls to be more conscious to what they’re wearing tznius wise...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics