Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mother/Daughter Activities

Mommy912

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 12:35 pm
What are some fun things that you do together with your daughter/s?

roza

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 12:37 pm
what age?
I also would love to hear ideas. My daughter is 5, b'h

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 12:44 pm
this isn't exclusive to daughters- baking. I let my almost 2 year old pour the ingredients from the measuring cup into the bowl. and I let her help mix.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 1:35 pm
We sew, fold napkins, play chess..... her version 8). Bake, clean , plant flowers water the flowers though she tends to drown them Rolling Eyes and yap w/h her mostly doing the talking Tongue Out
I am showing her how to draw (not that I'm an artist by any stretch of the imagination) but I can draw a straight line Tongue Out and draw family members etc.
She's not so bad actually atleast the eyes she draws are parallel to each other. Unlike a couple of my boys at her age, one eye on top of the other.... uh close anyway Smile

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 1:57 pm
braid challah
Smile

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 12 2005, 2:24 pm
Well actually RG I don't do the braiding for me the making of the dough and the baking is enuf Wink My boys do that w/h her though, obviously she doesn't get the bulk of it since she thinks it's playdough and she can play w/h it forever Rolling Eyes

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 3:17 am
We love making necklaces and bracelets out of different coloured beads.
You could also paint pasta shapes and do it with those once they dry.
my girls are 6 and 2 1/2 and also enjoy tidying up with me while we chat.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 5:41 am
freilich wrote:
We sew, fold napkins, play chess..... her version 8). Bake, clean , plant flowers water the flowers though she tends to drown them Rolling Eyes and yap w/h her mostly doing the talking Tongue Out
I am showing her how to draw (not that I'm an artist by any stretch of the imagination) but I can draw a straight line Tongue Out and draw family members etc.
She's not so bad actually atleast the eyes she draws are parallel to each other. Unlike a couple of my boys at her age, one eye on top of the other.... uh close anyway Smile

the more I read of your posts, the more I am in awe of how good of a mother you are!

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 9:02 pm
Quote:
the more I read of your posts, the more I am in awe of how good of a mother you are!

embarrassed If I was really soo good I would be on imamother way less ,
don't ya think. embarrassed
Thank-You though I do try, atleast I can say that right? Wink

queenie

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 8:03 am
This may not sound like fun but my daughter enjoys it, we do workbooks together. I have fun workbooks that you can practise drawing shapes, matching things, practise with numbers, colours, sizes etc. There are books for different ages and they are fun with puzzles, word searches and games. They are available at borders, barnes and noble and school supply stores. You can get them for pre-kindergarten through elementary. If you child needs help in math you can get those too.

It's good to do on a hot day when you would rather stay in an air conditioned room or if the kids are tired and don't want to run around and play. They often come with stickers and an award certificate at the back of the book when it's finished. They get a real sense of accomplishment when they complete a task and they are learning too.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 9:17 am
Queenie now thats a Great idea, very educational too. I just may copy this idea if u don't mind Wink

cr2005

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 7:59 pm
well with my 3 year old the other day I made playdough with her it was so much fun, instead of buying playdough and my daughter just playing with it, she helped me pour in all the ingredients , she helped mix together add food coloring and play with it. I saw she felt much more satisfied as well

MMEC123

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 8:18 pm
I don't have any kids yet but this is what my mother used to do with me. Of course it all depends on the maturity of the child and the event but sometimes she would take me to "adult" events. Like once a shul had a women's "tea party" for a fundraiser. Basically just a bunch of women chatting and eating light foods and tea. My mother brought me along and I felt so grown up and loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics