Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
At my nerves end
1  2  3  4  Next

Should posters be disabled from a certain thread when replying with Covid related responses to Non Covid Related topics?
Yes  
 57%  [ 102 ]
No  
 42%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 178

Lovable

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:19 pm
With these OCD Covid Posters!!!!!!!!! Anyone Else???????????
WHY DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE TWISTED INTO COVID? cant we just have a NORMAL CIVIL conversation EVER??
Its been happening way too often that a calm simple thread is turning into a Covid convo

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:23 pm
I'm with you sister!!! Everyone knows there's a pandemic, we can have a conversation without it turning into a covid fight.

Motherhood

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:46 pm
Agree! What about unsolicited covid responses to a thread that asked about indoor dining, vacationing, or chol hamoed plans?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:48 pm
Yes with a capital Y

silverlining3

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:18 pm
Yes in capslock, YES!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:21 pm
I look forward to the spinoffs Cool

Purple2

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:38 pm
I think people have such an unhealthy attitude being hysterical about COVID, that it’s worse then COVID itself.
People need something to stand on their milk crate about. This seems to be it.
I live my life and ignore the hysterics.
(Ooh I can’t wait until they get hysterical on me now)

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:34 pm
The reality is that Covid has a huge impact on lots of different aspects of life, from travel to simchas to date nights with your husband. There’s no good way to segregate the topic fully.

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:15 pm
I say - ignore their comment. Just don't respond and give it fluid to continue. Ignoring is better than telling them to stop and go away...
Everyone can put in their two cents. They too want their opinions to be heard. We can just continue with our conversations without feeding their comments.

Somuch2

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:42 pm
No this would be like twitter bans.. let's have free speech thank you. Although I totally agree that it's super annoying.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:08 pm
I voted no.

Just because you are not worried about it doesn't mean you're in the right.

It should be something to take into consideration, even if you aren't thinking about it. Sometimes, someone will raise a good point. Why take that right away just because it annoys you?

There's enough censorship out there. Don't be like them.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:34 am
I voted very much yes. Please everyone let me live my life with my beliefs. I'm not killing anyone, and I don't appreciate second hand paranoia.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:40 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I voted very much yes. Please everyone let me live my life with my beliefs. I'm not killing anyone, and I don't appreciate second hand paranoia.

Exaaaaactly

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:41 pm
Somuch2 wrote:
No this would be like twitter bans.. let's have free speech thank you. Although I totally agree that it's super annoying.
I am in agreement with this. If you don't like their comments, just ignore them and go on with the topic.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:45 pm
I think that Amother should be disabled for all but the most sensitive topics. Parenting, kids, intimacy, shalom bayis, etc.

Everything else should be under screen names. If you're going to have an opinion, then be brave enough to own it and not hide like a coward.

/pet peeve Mad

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:46 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I am in agreement with this. If you don't like their comments, just ignore them and go on with the topic.

I hear you
Its just Super annoying
Especially since THEY don't hear US if you get what I mean

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I think that Amother should be disabled for all but the most sensitive topics. Parenting, kids, intimacy, shalom bayis, etc.

Everything else should be under screen names. If you're going to have an opinion, then be brave enough to own it and not hide like a coward.

/pet peeve Mad

Interesting idea, but I don't like giving out too much revealing information online. So I use amother for anything that can identify me too much, which gives me more freedom to post under my sn.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:37 pm
My claim is just getting stronger by the hour
Mad Mad

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:29 pm
camp wrote:
I think people have such an unhealthy attitude being hysterical about COVID, that it’s worse then COVID itself.
)

Tell that to all the people who lost loved ones to the pandemic, or lost weeks to months of their lives fighting to survive.

Just today I was thinking that I need to call "Miriam" till I remembered that "Miriam" is no longer with us, having succumbed to COVID a couple of months back.

It's not "hysteria" when it's killing thousands of people a day. Over 400,000 people have died in the US so far, over 2 million worldwide, and the numbers keep growing. While I agree that not everything has to relate to COVID, dismissing people's concerns as "hysteria" only displays your ignorance and callous disregard for human life.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:36 pm
zaq wrote:
Tell that to all the people who lost loved ones to the pandemic, or lost weeks to months of their lives fighting to survive.

Just today I was thinking that I need to call "Miriam" till I remembered that "Miriam" is no longer with us, having succumbed to COVID a couple of months back.

It's not "hysteria" when it's killing thousands of people a day. Over 400,000 people have died in the US so far, over 2 million worldwide, and the numbers keep growing. While I agree that not everything has to relate to COVID, dismissing people's concerns as "hysteria" only displays your ignorance and callous disregard for human life.

Im sorry for your loss and all our losses
thank you for helping me find the right words - HYSTERIA WILL NOT HELP THE PAST PRESENT OR FUTURE
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics