Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid and shalom bayis disagreement
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:27 pm
If the coughs have been lingering for more than a couple of days, have kiddos evaluated by your pediatrician. There are a lot of illnesses that have coughs as a symptom besides COVID. Both walking and viral pneumonias as well as bronchitis come to mind.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:34 pm
hodeez wrote:
Winter hasn't been cancelled, kids are allowed to cough when it's 20 degrees out

No one has a bad cough because it's winter. They have a bad cough because they are unwell.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:51 pm
I think it’s unnecessary to argue and stress over such a minor disagreement. Either test or don’t test. Either way, it isn’t the end of the world. How about just agreeing with him and saying I know it’s most certainly not covid , but it makes me feel better and more responsible to take them all to be tested and to have documentation for the school. What do u think ? Can you just do me this one favor and support me in it? If he is still adamant on not testing which I really can’t understand why in the world he would care, then just leave it be. Not worth the fight.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:20 am
Call the school and tell them they have a cough. Most schools won’t give uou a choice, ie you need to test if you want to come back

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:48 pm
My dr said it should be series of long continuous coughing fits. Small one off coughs are unlikely to be covid.
But for your peace of mind you might want to consider testing. I would say it unlikely to come back as positive and it will make you feel better.
My dh also doesn't believe in covid but he will allow me to do things for my peace of mind. I am being very careful, and he is also even though he doesn't believe much, for my sake. I tell him it's worth it for sholom bayis, even if he doesn't believe in it.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:59 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Call the school and tell them they have a cough. Most schools won’t give uou a choice, ie you need to test if you want to come back

Whatttt??? Are you implying that OP should go behind her DH back in a way that will force him to do something he doesn't want to???? These are his kids as well!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me for being so blunt but you are killing her shalom bayis. Stay out of it if you cant keep your suggestions clean

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
My dr said it should be series of long continuous coughing fits. Small one off coughs are unlikely to be covid.
But for your peace of mind you might want to consider testing. I would say it unlikely to come back as positive and it will make you feel better.
My dh also doesn't believe in covid but he will allow me to do things for my peace of mind. I am being very careful, and he is also even though he doesn't believe much, for my sake. I tell him it's worth it for sholom bayis, even if he doesn't believe in it.

What does it mean to not believe in covid?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:11 pm
I don't know about you, but when my kid is coughing for more than a few days, I check for street. You should go to the pediatrician anyway.

Does he husband see the mother as fit to be making health decisions, does she dress them, feed them, bathe them? Does she ask permission from her husband every time she takes the kids to the pediatrician? Every time they run a strept test, flu swab? It shouldn't. be an argument if she's allowed to make sure her kids are healthy, so their father can be in denial about a worldwide pandemic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics