Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
FINALLY-Kosher Date Boxes (+Imamother raffle for a free box)
Previous  1  2  3  4

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:09 am
Response from Kosher Date Box:

Thank you all for your suggestions! I plan to use many of them.
In addition to your activity ideas, I would also like to respond to some other feedback, by creating a box that allows you to select the contents. I hope you will check www.Kosherdatebox.com in a couple of weeks if you are interested in that option.
And I'll be back here in a few weeks to choose the raffle winner!

paperflowers

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:29 am
Hot chocolate bombs kit
Paper machet
Pancake bar
Book of drawing/writing prompts
Acrylic texture painting kit
Modeling clay with directions for a project that can be used in the home

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:16 pm
I didn't read the previous posts so sorry if there are repeats. Hatzlacha with this! So important when we are SDing and don't feel comfortable getting a babysitter.

- origami
- folding Shabbos napkins tutorial
- paint by numbers
- actual board games- set, blink, banagrams...
- ceramic painting
- cooking kit- pre measures dry ingredients with a recipe (and any random or weird foods included... Maybe with 2 aprons to decorate?)
- cake decorating tools and video tutorial
- quilling with an item to decorate.
- building something wood that is small- then paint/stain . Like napkin or bencher holder, challah board, welcome sign...

ny21

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:40 pm
a kit to make a mask holder with beads very easy to make

jd1212

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:15 pm
Just bought one!! Super excited

shanarishona

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:02 pm
Am I allowed to enter even though my idea was already suggested?
I love the idea of diamond art for a date night

My husband would probably like a cooking thing more - where you provide all ingredients and we make something unusual

Sunshine3

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:20 pm
Sorry if any are repeats as I didn't read through them all. Things my husband and I would enjoy -

- diamond art project
- cookie decorating - cookies, decorating supplies and a video tutorial showing how to use them
- some sort of couple game that helps us get to know each other better or express thing we like/appreciate in each other ...
- take a test (maybe something like the 5 love language test )- one for yourself and one for your spouse. Then compare and see how well you know each other

soundofsilence

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:34 pm
these are repeats but stuff I'd like to get -
a fun game
a smores kit
something you can make/decorate together

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:17 am
Crossword puzzles
Pottery making
Comedy DVD
Getting to know each other question games
Miniature sukka decorations
Scrapbooking
Jokes/Riddles
5 love language tests
Personality tests
Cooking competition
Fruit sculpting
Sukka star making
Board games
Jewelry making
Paint by number
Jigsaw puzzles
Tutorials on drawing, photography, music lessons etc

shstreich

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:52 pm
any kit that we can do together, I would enjoy

penguin

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 8:33 pm
Here's a craft idea you might be able to include.

You can buy paper mache boxes for boutique tissues from places like Michaels and Amazon, and if you're buying in bulk I'm sure you can get for a good price. A kit would include a small container of modpodge or the like and a small selection of fabric scraps large enough to cover the box.

You cut a piece for the top with a bit of overlap on the sides, then you cut slits so you can glue down into the opening, if you get my drift. Then you glue another piece around the sides, meeting at a corner & extend a bit around the edge to the bottom. It comes out quite pretty and if you include a few types of fabric e.g. a nice neutral, a pastel flora etc. I'm guessing most people will find something to go in a room in their house or use their own extra pillowcase etc.

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 6:14 pm
Hi!
Just a reminder that if anyone didn't post their ideas, make sure to do so by the end of this week in order to be included in the raffle on Sunday.
If your idea was already posted, you can still list it again-that will tell me that it's something that interests more people.
A number of the ideas mentioned (including a choice to pick the activities that go into the box) are already available, so thank you all for your help!

mamma llama

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:38 pm
(Yay, I made it before the deadline! Hooray I should really log onto imamother more often...)

Java

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 9:05 am
Whatever happened to this? Did the owner ever come back to pick the raffle?

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Mar 04 2021, 9:11 am
The winner of the raffle was Questioner.
Sorry I didn't post it until now, I wanted to work out the details with her first.

Consolation prize: Up to 10 people can use the code IMAMOTHER for a discount on their next box.

questioner

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 4:08 pm
I just got it!! It was so exciting to win and to get such a fun box in the mail.
Review- I got canvas painting and a game. The canvas painting came with 4 canvases. I was only expecting two, so it will be a two time activity (bonus!)I thought there would be a picture to paint but it is the tape design painting that kids do with chalk. Probably more conducive to talking at the same time.
Card game looks fun, it says 4 people but can be done with two non competitively.

Also got teabags and nice cups with a cover. I love tea so that was great and I feel like there could be an activity potential in a future box around decorating the cups. Also pastries which look great but Since I have so much chometz to finish up that was less exciting this time of year. (suggestion for a label on the box - warning contains chometz because if I had more self control I would have waited to look at it chol hamper) and a bag of mint candy (I like mint but it’s a more polarizing taste, maybe a more universal flavor would be better.)
There is an emoji blowup figure that doesn’t seem to belong with either of the activities and my kids are having a grand time dressing it so also a win.

All in all, looks like tons of fun and a lot of potential. Thank you so much for the box!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics