Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan a weekend not far from Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:51 am
Hi,

Please help me plan a weekend getaway for just me and my husband, not more than a 2 hour drive from Lakewood. I like nice accommodations - I.e. a luxury / fancy feel, and not more than 10 minute walk to a minyan... with restaurants and / or some other attractions for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday...

Thank you!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:59 am
I like Philadelphia. Restaurants not in center city but there are shuls. Be aware that you should find out in advance what there shuls covid restrictions are in that many aren’t allowing non members. there’s lots of nice hotels in center city.

Any other suggestions with the same Covid caveats re: shuls

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:44 pm
What are some nice restaurants and attractions?
Also do you know which hotels are closest to a shul?

Any other ideas?
Thanks

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 2:29 pm
As far as I know (I’ve been to both) there’s the historic shul Mikva Israel and Chabad. I’ve been to both and they are close to one another. What I do is I google the addresses, the. Do ‘search nearby’ for hotels and sort the directions by ‘walking’

Obviously Manhattan is amazing In terms of hotels and restaurants but most shuls are extremely strict with covid but you could look into it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:16 pm
What’s there to do in Philadelphia?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

https://www.visitphilly.com/ar.....phia/

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If it's open now the Eastern State Penitentiary is unique and really cool to explore. There's also the Franklin Institute (science museum), a really interesting museum called the Museum of Jewish American History, the mint, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall. But definitely check to see if they're currently open and with what restrictions. Outdoors there's the zoo and nearby Longwood Gardens and Winterthur.

DVOM

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:28 pm
doctorima wrote:
If it's open now the Eastern State Penitentiary is unique and really cool to explore. There's also the Franklin Institute (science museum), a really interesting museum called the Museum of Jewish American History, the mint, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall. But definitely check to see if they're currently open and with what restrictions. Outdoors there's the zoo and nearby Longwood Gardens and Winterthur.

My husband and I love Longwood gardens.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:21 pm
Thanks all.
Any nice restaurants?
Any other destination ideas?

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:54 pm
Deal/Long Branch is beautiful and the hotels are really nice and not too far from the shul

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:44 pm
Thanks, what attractions / restaurants are there in Deal? I.e. what would we do all day, practically?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 6:16 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics