Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 28  29  30  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know if they wear their uniform to entrance exam? My daughter isn’t sure

My daughter said yes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:07 pm
Thank you!
It didn’t say on the ad or the letter we got in the mail

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:29 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
They wrote that they'll try to get you into one of your choices, but they can't promise. They won't purposely try for a school you don't want.

Oh yes they will.
From the people I know who've needed the Vaad's help, the Vaad did not try much for the schools they wanted, and tried very hard to convince them to go to schools the Vaad could easily get them into, that they could've gotten into without the Vaad's help.

Personally, I don't think parents should apply to a school they don't want to apply to, just so they can get the Vaad's help if they don't get into the schools they do want. I used to be a trooper and thought you needed to play by the rules, but I've seen it played out and there was no point.

l

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:17 pm
My daughter said the entrance exam wasn’t so bad and she got applications for all the schools in one packet

small bean

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:52 pm
So now that we all had to apply. Which schools interview everyone that applies and which target interview?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:56 pm
Last year, Bais Yaakov, Oros, Aderes, Main, and Bais Kaila interviewed everyone.
Bais Shaindel target interviewed.
I don't know about other schools. I know these because Mrs Epstein (Bais Faiga) told me so.
That was last year.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Last year, Bais Yaakov, Oros, Aderes, Main, and Bais Kaila interviewed everyone.
I don't know about other schools. I know these because Mrs Epstein (Bais Faiga) told me so.
That was last year.

Where did u end up sending?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:25 pm
I heard aderes got 1,000 applications for 72 slots. How are they interviewing everyone???

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:27 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Where did u end up sending?

Oros. Bh we're very happy.
But my daughter is a very high achievers. The academics are challenging and they're given a lot of school and independent work.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:50 pm
Has anyone gotten solid information about the 2 new high schools?

small bean

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 9:41 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
That was last year.

Interesting I applied to 4/5 of those schools.

I know someone last year who applied to maon and aderes and didn't get interview in either.

I doubt meon interviews those who write it's a 4th choice for them. That's what I did.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Has anyone gotten solid information about the 2 new high schools?

I know the owner of tehilas. He wants a school for his daughter who is now in 7th grade. He wants a school like bais shaindel originally was. A lakewood girl with a chassidesh background. It will probably attract girls for bnos hadassah, BRR, bnos melech, some bais tovah etc.

Nicest people and I'm sure the school will be successful.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:24 pm
Tehillas I heard catering to Yeshivish/Heimish, and learningwise to reg girls (not specifically high acedemic) . Meiros - mainstream crowd (bais yaakov/aderes/oros) and def leaning to high acedemics

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:04 am
Anyone have interviews yet? What kind of questions do they ask?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have interviews yet? What kind of questions do they ask?

My dd had an interview in Bais Kaila. It was very relaxed and easy, she was pleasantly surprised. She asked which subjects she likes, what she's doing in the summer, hobbies, does she have friends who are applying to BK. Just friendly types of questions.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
My dd had an interview in Bais Kaila. It was very relaxed and easy, she was pleasantly surprised. She asked which subjects she likes, what she's doing in the summer, hobbies, does she have friends who are applying to BK. Just friendly types of questions.

My dd said the same avout bais kaila. Very easy and enjoyable 5 minute talk.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:11 am
When my DD was in 8th grade and had her interview at BK, she came out and told me "this is where I'm going". (and she did). The interview atmosphere is totally what you get in the school, too. They are not out to intimidate you. It's warm and friendly.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:53 am
Chayalle wrote:
When my DD was in 8th grade and had her interview at BK, she came out and told me "this is where I'm going". (and she did). The interview atmosphere is totally what you get in the school, too. They are not out to intimidate you. It's warm and friendly.

My daughter said that also. Her good friends are all upset at her because none of them applied there.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:05 am
small bean wrote:
My daughter said that also. Her good friends are all upset at her because none of them applied there.

Were you hoping for her to go to bk?

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:21 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Were you hoping for her to go to bk?

In the beginning, I wasn't even thinking of applying there. It slowly became my first choice but not my daughters. She is an overachiever and wanted oros.

The reason I like it is because it's middle class. They are not trying to be the best at anything. It's just a school for girls.

I'm very not elitest. We live an out of the box lifestyle. We don't fit into neat boxes etc. So middle class works best for me.

My daughter will do well in any school. That's her type so I don't really care which school as long as she is happy.
Page 7 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries