Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Moderna vax SHOULD NOT be used on pregnant women
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I think you mean this interview:

https://www.kikar.co.il/383814.html

It’s in Hebrew, but very interesting and thought-provoking for those who are able to understand it.

I’m 7 months pregnant and have been very torn re: what to do about vaccinating- there have been some scary cases amongst pregnant women, but the vaccine hasn’t been tested on this population... I trust Dr Grisaru’s opinion a lot and am much more inclined to vaccinate having heard her stance.

...yeah...because Israel is in a very distressful situation. So if the choices are inevitable Covid, thus risking your life and your baby’s life, or get a vaccine that might help that but also might have unknown risks, you go with the vaccine. But other countries are not in the same disaster as Israel is in.

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:03 am
I think you mean this interview:

https://www.kikar.co.il/383814.html

It’s in Hebrew, but very interesting and thought-provoking for those who are able to understand it.

I’m 7 months pregnant and have been very torn re: what to do about vaccinating- there have been some scary cases amongst pregnant women, but the vaccine hasn’t been tested on this population... I trust Dr Grisaru’s opinion a lot and am much more inclined to vaccinate having heard her stance.

can you explain in short for those of us who don't have the best hebrew.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:24 am
Mig100 I’ll try give a synopsis later after my kids go to sleep.
And slate gray, I don’t think it’s inevitable that you’ll contract covid here- esp bc I don’t work out of the house so I’m at home most of the time. My kids are in school, though, although we have had very lengthy lockdowns, so that does make me more nervous about getting it cv.
Is it less rampant in the US? From what I have read, the numbers of covid infection were pretty similar. Do they not have the new mutations?

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:32 am
Mig100 I’ll try give a synopsis later after my kids go to sleep.
And slate gray, I don’t think it’s inevitable that you’ll contract covid here- esp bc I don’t work out of the house so I’m at home most of the time. My kids are in school, though, although we have had very lengthy lockdowns, so that does make me more nervous about getting it cv.
Is it less rampant in the US? From what I have read, the numbers of covid infection were pretty similar. Do they not have the new mutations?

sure- no rush. thanks so much

the numbers are high in the us. however its not anywhere as bad as the situation was in march- april. in the large communites- Lakewood, Brooklyn the situation was heartbreaking then. we were constantly getting messages to daven for people we know. literally every few minutes I was getting a message that someone I knew was being rushed to the hospital. many didn't survive. for example, in the small shul my husband davens in alone there were a handful of people who were lost, unfortunately. almost everyone knew someone that didn't make it. it was devastating.

there are many sick now in covid wards. maybe since its not as bad as it was then, we are not alarmed. I don't know how it compares to Israel. the headlines in Israel definitely are terrifying. I don't know much about the new mutations here. I am only guessing if they are not here yet, its only a matter of time before they will be.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:40 am
Just once, I would love to see a headline that read "There are pros and cons to the Covid vaccine. Please discuss this with a doctor who you trust."

Wouldn't that be amazing?

Whether the vaccine is right for you or not, I bentch you all to have happy, healthy babies, and a speedy recovery.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:48 am
I just have a question about trusting anything written in The NY Times or Post.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just once, I would love to see a headline that read "There are pros and cons to the Covid vaccine. Please discuss this with a doctor who you trust."

Whether the vaccine is right for you or not, I bentch you all to have happy, healthy babies, and a speedy recovery.

Amen thank you.

Mamushka

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:22 pm
I'm reporting this thread. The titel should say that pregnant women should not get the Moderna vaccine. Big difference to not getting vaccinated at all.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

That's literally the message I got from NYU.
Its titled "COVID vaccine info for our pregnant patients "
Its a whole message discussing the vaccine with sections titled(some examples, it was long):
Vaccine benefits,
Vaccine risks,
Questions to ask when weighing your benefits vs risks
Etc

It ends with a recommendation to call your doctor to dicuss additional questions

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:37 pm
Israeli Ministry of Health just issued guidelines for vaccinating pregnant women.
I’m not going to translate it all but the main idea is that the Pfizer vaccine is safe for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
They recommend women take the vaccine before trying to conceive or during second and third trimester.
Unless women are high risk or health care workers then they should take it ASAP.
They say it’s not dangerous at all for fetus but prefer not to have women in the first trimester face side effects such as fever because it might be confused with pressing medical issues and they don’t want women to attribute any harm to fetus to the vaccine (even if there is no causation and the isn’t).
חיסון נשים המתכננות הריון / הרות / מניקות בתרכיב חיסון COVID 19- הבהרה

עדכונים לגבי נגיף הקורונה והחיסונים מתקבלים על בסיס יומי ממשרד הבריאות ויש לעקוב אחר השינויים העדכניים בהנחיות.
יש ליידע את המטופלות ואת הצוות הרפואי שהחומר המובא במסמך זה נכון לעת הזאת.

לציין כי הדברים המובאים במסמך זה הינם בגדר דעת מומחים וחלק מההמלצות בו מבוססות על שיקולים ביולוגיים / אפידמיולוגיים בהיעדר מחקרים רלוונטיים בבני אדם.

בהמשך לדף מידע של משרד הבריאות על חיסון נגד נגיף קורונה לאישה הרה, אנו רוצים להדגיש כי קורונה מהווה גורם סיכון בהריון בתחלואה ורוב התחלואה האימהית הקשה כתוצאה מנגיף הקורונה מתרחשת בשליש השלישי להריון.

המלצותינו הן:
1. בכל שלבי ההריון, אין כל הוכחה על נזק לעובר או למהלך ההריון כתוצאה מהחיסון ולא מוכר מנגנון ביולוגי היכול להצביע על אפשרות כזאת.
2. נשים מניקות – ההמלצה היא להתחסן.
3. נשים אשר מתכננות היריון או שנמצאות בטיפולי פריון, מומלץ להשלים את 2 מנות החיסון טרם ההיריון.
4. אישה אשר קיבלה מנה ראשונה של החיסון וגילתה כי הרתה – מומלץ להשלים את המנה השנייה של החיסון לפי לוח הזמנים המקובל.
5. אנו ממליצים לנשים הרות הנמצאות בקבוצת סיכון להדבקות (עובדות מערכת הבריאות או כל קבוצה אחרת שהוגדרה בסיכון לפי משרד הבריאות) או בקבוצת סיכון לתחלואה קשה
(כגון: השמנת יתר, סכרת טרום היריונית, יתר לחץ דם וכו') להתחסן.
6. כל הנשים בהריון בשליש השני או השלישי – ההמלצה היא להתחסן.
7. השליש הראשון של ההיריון (ללא קשר למחלת הקורונה) מאופיין בשיעור גבוה יחסית של דימומים, הפלות ספונטניות והיווצרות מומים עובריים. על מנת למנוע חשד לקשר , אף מקרי, בין קבלת החיסון ותופעות אלו ,אנו ממליצים לנשים הרות שאינן שייכות לקבוצות הסיכון שפורטו בסעיף 5 לעיל, להתחסן החל מהשליש השני.
8. לגבי נשים המתכננות דיקור מי שפיר, רצוי להימנע מביצוע החיסון סביב מועד הדיקור (רצוי מרווח של לפחות שבוע ימים בין החיסון לדיקור) על מנת להימנע מחום או תופעות לוואי אחרות שעלולות להתפרש כסיבוך של הדיקור.
9. בשל חומרת מחלת הקורונה ופגיעתה הקשה, אנו חוזרים וממליצים לכלל האוכלוסייה, ובמיוחד לנשים בגיל הפוריות, לנשים הרות ולנשים מניקות להמשיך ולהקפיד על שמירת כללי הריחוק החברתי ועל עטית מסכה ובכך להקטין את סיכון החשיפה והדבקות במחלה.

משתתפי הדיון (לפי סדר א'-ב'):
פרופ' אור-נוי אשר
דר' ארנון יהודית
פרופ' בנטור ידידיה
דר' ברחל דנה
מגר' ברלין מאיה
פרופ' ברקוביץ מתי
פרופ' דיאב-ציטרין אורנה
דר' טל דה-האן
דר' הירש-וקסברג מיכל
פרופ' ינון יואב בשם ועד החברה לרפואת אם עובר
פרופ' לבשטיין רונן
דר' לוריא יעל
פרופ' מימון רוני בשם האיגוד הישראלי למיילדות וגינקולוגיה
דר' קליגר חגית
פרופ' קלינגר גיל
מגר' שטהל ברכה
דר' שטיינמץ יהודית
דר' שכטמן סווטלנה

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 3:37 pm
Just to very briefly paraphrase the interview with Professor Grisaru mentioned above, she basically said that women who are pregnant are considered high risk and are more likely to experience a more aggressive version of covid. She also said that she treats a lot of Charedi women in Yerushalayim, which is also considered a “Red city.” They are more likely to contract covid bc the families tend to have a lot of small children and often live in small apartments so very likely the mom will catch covid from the kids. She said that pregnant women who are frontline workers or work in education or the aforementioned charedi women should definitely get vaccinated if they are in the second or third trimesters. She said that the vaccine isn’t a live virus and has not been shown to pass the virus onto the fetus.

There were more details in the interview and more back and forth, but that’s the gist of it.

Mig100, thanks for the response re: the situation in America. Over here, they say that the third wave has been more devastating- it seems to be connected to new mutations of the virus from South Africa and England. But, as with everything else with covid, there are a lot of unknowns 😏

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:20 pm
Just to very briefly paraphrase the interview with Professor Grisaru mentioned above, she basically said that women who are pregnant are considered high risk and are more likely to experience a more aggressive version of covid. She also said that she treats a lot of Charedi women in Yerushalayim, which is also considered a “Red city.” They are more likely to contract covid bc the families tend to have a lot of small children and often live in small apartments so very likely the mom will catch covid from the kids. She said that pregnant women who are frontline workers or work in education or the aforementioned charedi women should definitely get vaccinated if they are in the second or third trimesters. She said that the vaccine isn’t a live virus and has not been shown to pass the virus onto the fetus.

There were more details in the interview and more back and forth, but that’s the gist of it.

Mig100, thanks for the response re: the situation in America. Over here, they say that the third wave has been more devastating- it seems to be connected to new mutations of the virus from South Africa and England. But, as with everything else with covid, there are a lot of unknowns 😏

Thanks so much

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 5:28 pm
I got the Moderna vaccine and needed to sign that I’m not pregnant.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics