Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Make ahead/ freezable mishloach manos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:39 pm
I am due right after Purim. I want to get this sorted now. Something that can be fully prepared in the coming week or two, including wrapping, so if I'm away, my kids can just take them out and deliver. If it can be baked, wrapped and frozen with all components, it also works. But nothing that requires last minute assembly. Nothing too noshy or silly, something decent for adults. But not over the top either. Just respectable. Any ideas?

workout geek

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:44 pm
I usually do challah roll and a container of soup. Both can frozen ahead of time. Bshaa tova!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:03 pm
If you want to do a baked thing with a bottle of orange juice or vodka that can be frozen and packaged in advance with no adverse affects. Good luck!! and Bshaa Tova!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:07 pm
Unpopular opinion: let yourself off the hook. Purim during a pandemic on a Friday and you’re 9 months pregnant: let yourself give to 2 people. No one will care, no one will judge you. And if they do they’re not your friends. Let yourself off the hook and don’t drive Yoirself crazy.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Unpopular opinion: let yourself off the hook. Purim during a pandemic on a Friday and you’re 9 months pregnant: let yourself give to 2 people. No one will care, no one will judge you. And if they do they’re not your friends. Let yourself off the hook and don’t drive Yoirself crazy.

I agree!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:18 pm
You can prepare a box of chocolates, affix a mini liquor, and finish it off with a bow now. Hang a pretty tag from the bow. No freezing needed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:43 pm
So everyone gave great tips so far, but I'm really considering Aquamarine's advice.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:46 pm
The year I was due right after Purim I made a batch of muffins and brought chocolate. Figured either I would feel like packaging them and sending them out, or baby would be here and I would eat the muffins myself

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 2:46 pm

This is what I’m doing this year

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 3:26 pm

I am kind of hoping to “not be home” on Purim. Just getting over months of being sick, in the middle of moving (a few blocks over), finances are crazy tight, and I think the idea of people going from house to the house in the middle of a pandemic is just stupid (even though I just had Covid so technically immune).
My husband is planning to go to a rav in the hope they will send out some type of community statement / psak.
My problem isn’t just oh, so why don’t you stay home.. as a teacher and my husband as a teacher, we normally have 30+ people coming to our house and really not up to that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics