Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to keep tichel on overnight

hodeez

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 5:25 pm
I have really been trying to wear a tichel or snood to sleep but the thing just won't stay on my head! I dont want to wear a velvet headband underneath.
Anyone have suggestions on how to tie it so it stays on?

happymom123

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 5:29 pm
I don't think there's any way to tie it strong enough if you move around a lot. The Shaitel band is a huge help and a long Bobby pins helps too

dena613

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:22 pm
The only thing that worked for me was a chenille snood with very very tight elastic. It never slips. (It also leaves a mark on forehead.. Sad

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:25 pm
A chenille snood can stay on even if it's not too tight. I'm not makpid in my own room. But I was in the hospital for a while and it stayed on even during my sleep. I just pulled it down a. It lower on my forward so it didn't slip back too much.

mom!

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 8:05 pm
Mine stays on, but when I turn over in my sleep I have come to instinctively pull it down...

Frumme

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:50 pm
I've had good luck with the Revaz brand of knit berets (adjustable and lined). I found that they were pretty comfortable and the elastic was never too bothersome. I could set the elastic just-so, not too tight but not too loose. If it did start moving up, it was very easy to gently pull it back down in the middle of the night. (On the plus side, it's doubled as a sleep mask for when I've spontaneously napped on the couch. Lol)

Alternatively, you could try a cotton sleep cap (check on Amazon)-- they come in many different varieties, from regular knit caps to turbans etc.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:56 pm
I use a chenille snood. With a low pony to hold down the back it stays well.

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:10 pm
So I figured it out! I tie a pashmina back to front with the knot at the top and then loop it back around my head. Stays on all night BH!

bsy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:09 pm
Does no one else get headaches from wearing snoods? I'd never dream of wearing one to sleep!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:14 pm
bsy wrote:
Does no one else get headaches from wearing snoods? I'd never dream of wearing one to sleep!

Pretieds stay on my head and don't give headaches.

binah40

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:34 pm
My snood falls off every night and I put it right on when I wake up. Works great for me.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:42 pm
I'm not as good at this as I used to be. But I would wear a very long sleeve t-shirt that has a hoodie to bed. The hoodie stayed in better than anything else and if it did come off I wasn't searching my bed for it.

Cheshire cat

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:52 pm
So this morning, ds, 3, tells me,
"ma, last night when I called out and you came to my bed?... you came, but really you were still sleeping. I know, cuz the ties from your tichel were here" - and he pointed to his forehead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels