Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Spring/Summer Shabbos Clothes for Girl 4T

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:16 am
I can’t believe I’m starting a shopping thread . It’s so not my type . I usually find everything I need and I know what I like. But I’m breaking my head over Yomtov Shabbos shopping for my 2 1/5 yr old daughter. She’s tall and is going to be going into a size 4T. What style clothes are appropriate for her at this age? She’s toilet trained so no one piece romper /jumpsuit things. I love skirts but they are always falling off of her. Are dresses the only option? Or can we do leggings with tops? I want it to look dressy but be practical and pretty. Also, I don’t want to spend more than $25 per dress or outfit.
Anyone have any links or ideas ?

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:22 am
For summer if she is tall, I think short dresses would look good on her. At this age people still do short leggings or bloomers, but you have to try on her to see if she doesn't look outgrown.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:26 am
I’ve bought a few adorable dresses from children’s place for my LO. My kid is also long and skinny and I find they have a narrower cut than many other brands. My favorite one is out of stock, but they still have a few cute choices, and once their summer stuff comes in, there will be more - all at great prices.

I pair with a shell or sweater and tights for pesach when it’s still cold , and then just shorts (or skip them) for the summer.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:34 am
See if you can find any dresses on petitrack.com or h&m
I think long leggings with a tunic or sweatshirt type are fine but she’ll probably look overgrown in short bloomers or leggings with tees. I love short little dresses on little princesses💕🎀

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:59 am
And I know this is a weird question, what style socks goes with dresses in the Springtime , when it’s still too chilly for ruffled or lace ankle socks?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:20 am
thunderstorm wrote:
And I know this is a weird question, what style socks goes with dresses in the Springtime , when it’s still too chilly for ruffled or lace ankle socks?

Until it’s warm enough for the cute little socks I just stick with tights.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:21 am
thunderstorm wrote:

Knee socks for spring short socks for summer.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:55 am
Knee socks. Under a dress leggings are fine.

#Happymom

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 1:10 pm
I'm doing shortish dresses with short leggings underneath. Then frilly socks.
But this is Israel where it's almost hot already☺
Otherwise, I would do longer knee socks, they sell adorable ones.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 3:42 pm
I think tunic tops or shirt dresses with bloomers for the summer.

US $9.93 14% Off | Tocoto 2020 Summer Sweet Baby Girl Lovely Dress Brand Design Toddler Girl Strawberry Pattern Tutu Dresses Vintage Kids Clothes
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0ZciQd

I got this for my daughter. It runs big so the 2-3 should be good. I see he bloomers are out of stock, but do an image search you might find other sellers who do have it.

Zehava

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 3:46 pm
Such an easy age to shop for! I so miss those days! Nowadays dd chooses her own clothes AND they need to be tznius.
Leggings and tunics were my go to at that age. With the occasional dress and just shorts and tops for the summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics