Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What age do lakewood girls stop wearing short sleeves?

zaftigmom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:45 am
Do girls usually still wear short sleeves going into primary in lakewood? We are personally not makpid but my daughter won't feel comfortable being the only one so I want to know what's done before I start shopping for the summer. What about short socks or even sandals?

dorothy1

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:49 am
Stop wearing short sleeves when they start kindergarten. Most if not all schools require this.
Knee socks the summer after kindergarten.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:53 am
I guess it depends on the neighborhood. Here, short sleeves are worn until about 6-7, or first grade.

Eta- some day camps require long sleeves and knee socks coming out of primary.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:36 am
From what I've seen:
Ultra yeshivish stops at age 3
Less yeshivish to not really yeshivish stops once theyre in school. So they wear short sleeves the summer before primary but not the summer before 1st grade.
Not from the yeshiva community at all, will let their dds wear short sleeves till 7/8 years old.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:53 am
Notsobusy wrote:
From what I've seen:
Ultra yeshivish stops at age 3
Less yeshivish to not really yeshivish stops once theyre in school. So they wear short sleeves the summer before primary but not the summer before 1st grade.
Not from the yeshiva community at all, will let their dds wear short sleeves till 7/8 years old.

Agree with this. We’re yeshivish send to Bais Faiga, wore short sleeves until primary

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:22 pm
I agree with rose and notsobusy- most girl's wear the summer before primary and not the next summer

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:26 pm
Agree too. We are yeshivish and stop short sleeves and short socks once the girls are in primary. The summer before they can wear short sleeves/ short socks.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:28 pm
Most girls that I know of, wear short sleeves the summer before primary (and the first few weeks of primary, finishing up the summers wardrobe), and they wear long sleeves the summer after primary. Most camp rules are long sleeves and long socks starting the summer after primary

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 7:11 pm
My girls still wore short sleeves that summer. I sent them to a playgroup/daycamp (the Morah continued in the summer) where there were others like them.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:29 pm
I believe all day camps start long sleeves going into 1st grade. My daughter was in dollhouse this summer and wore short sleeves. (She was going into primary) This coming summer she will need to wear long sleeves as per day camp rules.

Crookshanks

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Agree with this. We’re yeshivish send to Bais Faiga, wore short sleeves until primary

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries