Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Language classroom 3 yr old Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:49 pm
Hi. My son needs a language based classroom with a lot of language therapy. He needs a small group and one on one language therapy. Any ideas for 3 yr old group now and 4 yr old for next year?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:26 pm
Anyone hear about rainbow therapy or success therapy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:18 pm
Anyone???

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:28 pm
I think rainbow therapy and success therapy are both geared for children with an autism diagnosis and work through insurance.
For a child with just language delays or who doesn't fit that profile you may be better off with stars.to go to stars you need to get evaluated by the board of Ed and then opt to go non-public. Stars does their own screening and can probably guide you in the process.

alwayscooking

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:29 pm
Rainbow therapy is run very professional and people are very pleased with theyre work.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:42 am
Thank you!! This is very helpful
I am very overwhelmed and trying to find the best place for my son

Anyone know about gitty karmels place? It’s also for asd diagnosis which I don’t have yet

Anyone know a language playgroup with a small group?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:42 am
I think that there might be someone in Ocean Point who has a language based playgroup for that age. I'm not sure what her name is but I think she herself is a speech therapist and is supposed to be very experienced and good.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 3:33 pm
Thank you!!

kategreen

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 10:02 pm
Do you know the name of this playgroup because I am looking for such a group for my son too

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 10:05 pm
I heard it’s Chaya karmel in ocean point

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 10:10 pm
Chaya karmel is AMAZING! I've seen her personally. Very devoted and works with each child.
As others mentioned all the other places you've mentioned (including gitty karmel) are for children with an asd diagnosis and go through insurance.

galbis

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 10:13 pm
Chaya Karmel is the speech therapist in Ocean Pointe who has a playgroup. As of 2 years ago, she did 3 year olds. You can pm for her number, or it's listed in the directory.
If you want to go the Board of Ed route, there's either Linden for public or Stars for non public. Stars has very good classrooms, but because it's non public, children there usually get less individual therapy than they'd get at Linden.
If you go the ASD route, there are many agencies that provide classrooms- those listed above, and also Yuta Weiss-Firefly, Brainbuilders, Encore is Gitty Karmel, there's one in YTT but I can't remember the name- most have advertisements in the weekly papers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics