Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do you shop for clothes if you can't try on?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:04 pm
I have this craziness that I must try clothing on before buying anything for myself. I hate buying and then returning if it doesn't look good or fit right.

I used to love shopping but now its annoying. I live in a place where all malls are open just with masks. But all dressing rooms are closed !!
Whats the point of walking in to a clothing store if you can't try on?

I see tons of people in zara or h and m or Macy's all buying....are they all buying and just planning to return? Or just swallow the loss if it doesn't work?
Espc in zara the sale items that are final sale yeah the dress might be gorgeous and cheap but if it doesn't fit then what should I do with it ?

I find myself only shopping in Jewish stores these days cuz their dressing rooms are open at least. But so pricey.
What does everyone else do? All those people in malls are all just blindly buying?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:06 pm
I prefer to buy it online, that way the return is much easier, and I don't need to go back to the store. If you see someone chasing the UPS truck or the mailman, it's probably me with my return packages.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:07 pm
I live in a place where everything is closed.
I order and return
What else am I supposed to do?
Thetr are many upsides to it: you can combine items with one another eight away, try with different shoes, sheitels, accessories, don't need to shlep through the mall with bags...

The only thing I need is to see the fabrique live, sometimes things look good on Photo bit cheap irl

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:19 pm
From places with a good return policy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:20 pm
im not talking about order online.. I guess I was talking about the hundreds of shoppers I see in malls all buying- are they all buying without trying on?
I guess to me whats the point of going in person to the store- if I anyway cant try on I may as well order ! but I see so many people still shopping in person!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:25 pm
I’m a pretty easy body to fit. If something looks cute online usually it’ll be good for me.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
im not talking about order online.. I guess I was talking about the hundreds of shoppers I see in malls all buying- are they all buying without trying on?
I guess to me whats the point of going in person to the store- if I anyway cant try on I may as well order ! but I see so many people still shopping in person!

I agree with you, OP. What's the point of going to the stores if I can't try on? That's the only benefit I see in physically shopping versus online shopping. And if I have to return to the store, I can't return via UPS or USPS, I would have to go physically back to the store.

Motherhood

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:59 pm
Sometimes I can tell how a dress runs when I see the actual dress instead of just a picture online

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 3:07 pm
I've bought in stores that aren't difficult to return to or Jewish stores on sale. I have left final sale items behind. Bthw, In Florida they allow trying on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics