Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Rabbi Dr Abraham Twerski -BDE
Previous  1  2  3  Next

IsraeliSoul

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Yaakov Yisrael

Thank you so much

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:35 pm
BDE.

Such a huge loss.

etky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:55 pm
BD"E

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:07 pm
Is there levaya info for the public?

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:14 pm
BD"E such a sad day for Klal Yisrael - Rav Dovid Soloveitchik, Rav Scheiner, and now Rav Twerski - almost 300 years of Torah greatness between them, all in one day.

carnation

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:17 pm
Sounds horrific. The close family from America probably have a problem getting to the levaya.

The incredible loss feels personal to countless individuals including myself. I wish I could at least join the levaya over zoom. I owe him so much.

Last edited by carnation on Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:18 pm
BD"E
Rabbi Dr. Avrohom Yehoshua Heshel Twerski ben R' Yaakov Yisroel

Levaya Info:

https://www.c-live.co.il/archives/26152

Live stream
11:30 Israel time
4:30P Eastern time

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:27 pm
Such a loss for Klal Yisrael.
All of them are such losses for Klal Yisrael.
May HaShem give their families a Nechama.
May they be meilitzai Yosher for Klal Yisrael.
May HaShem protect us all.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
BD"E
Rabbi Dr. Avrohom Yehoshua Heshel Twerski ben R' Yaakov Yisroel

Levaya Info:

https://www.c-live.co.il/archives/26152

Live stream
11:30 Israel time
4:30P Eastern time

It will be very quick as he left clear instructions for no hespedim

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:40 pm
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

This is such a tragic loss. I can't take it all in.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:23 pm
Thank you for posting the link.

Why 2 yahrzeit candles burning by the kever? I've never heard of this before....

carnation

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
It will be very quick as he left clear instructions for no hespedim

Thanks for this information.

happyfaces

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 3:40 pm
Bde

Crying

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:38 pm
25 years ago, when I was in high school, he came to speak. I don't remember the topic, but the warmth and connection that he exuded left a deep impression. Bde.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:56 pm
Bde. He helped so many people. What a great loss.

mp5

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:27 am
Baruch dayan haemet. Such a great loss to am yisrael. No words.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 6:09 am
https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....40638

The origins of the song.
At the end, it's painful to watch Dr. Twerski go off stage. He'd suffered from back trouble. But then you notice something. He's dancing off the stage, to go lead a rikud.

According to Hamodia.com, he wanted the song sung at his mita would be taken to burial because he felt it was a great zechus he would take with him to the next world. Think about that. He might have gone into RH thinking not about the zechuyos he had from healing and inspiring professionally, but more from what he was able to accomplish with that song. It's something we can learn from. One good deed, that reaps dividends for generations. We all have them. And if we can't remember them, then do one today.

And one other thought I had. The levaya was so painful. Kaddish was heartbreaking. But what is kaddish? There's no mention of death. It's affirmations of fundamental truths. That's what we do in our moments of greatest pain: affirm Hashem's existence and greatness.

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 6:41 am
PinkFridge wrote:
https://baltimorejewishlife.com/news/news-detail.php?SECTION_ID=1&ARTICLE_ID=140638

The origins of the song.
At the end, it's painful to watch Dr. Twerski go off stage. He'd suffered from back trouble. But then you notice something. He's dancing off the stage, to go lead a rikud.

According to Hamodia.com, he wanted the song sung at his mita would be taken to burial because he felt it was a great zechus he would take with him to the next world. Think about that. He might have gone into RH thinking not about the zechuyos he had from healing and inspiring professionally, but more from what he was able to accomplish with that song. It's something we can learn from. One good deed, that reaps dividends for generations. We all have them. And if we can't remember them, then do one today.

And one other thought I had. The levaya was so painful. Kaddish was heartbreaking. But what is kaddish? There's no mention of death. It's affirmations of fundamental truths. That's what we do in our moments of greatest pain: affirm Hashem's existence and greatness.

This is incredible. I've seen it before but I love that you shared it here. Rabbi Twerski saved my life. I am not going to tell the story here, but he truly saved me. This hit me very hard.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:41 am
In January 1990, at fifteen years of age I visited Israel for the first time with my parents. We stayed at Sarei Israel, a small apartment hotel on rechov Sarei yisrael at the same time Rav Twerskie z"Al and his wife a"h. For the duration of our stay, we got to know them- they and my parents would engage in conversation every morning over breakfast. At fifteen years, the conversation mostly went over my head but I clearly remember how friendly and down to earth they were. At some point, the hotel absorbed a large group of Olim from Russia who arrived during one of the first waves of Russian Aliya of the nineties. I remember Rabbi and Rebbitzen Twerskie by the breakfast buffet helping the new olim acclimate to their surroundings, explaining and translating as needed. I must admit that over the years I did not follow Rabbi Twerskie all that closely. But every timeI read an article about him or by him, heard a lecture or a reference to him, warm memories would take me back to that wonderous time of my first trip to Eretz haKodesh where I was privileged to have met a truly great man.
יהי זכרו ברוך

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:51 am
As a family member I am finding tremendous nechama in these posts that are being shared. Thank you
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed