Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Rabbi Dr Abraham Twerski -BDE
Previous  1  2  3

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
As a family member I am finding tremendous nechama in these posts that are being shared. Thank you

If you are comfortable sending me a pm, I would like to share my story with you.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:10 am
He was such a tzaddik to me, his books gave me lot of strength I loved him very much and I always hoped to have the zchus to speak with him I never had but that is life.
I hope the zchus done in the tzaddikim that passed away yesterday will bring us mosiach.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:40 am
watergirl wrote:
If you are comfortable sending me a pm, I would like to share my story with you.

I am sending you one. Thanks.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:49 am
BDE. I never met him, but his brother was one of my professors in law school. Very intelligent family.

carnation

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:59 am
I heard from a friend: approximately 7 years ago her DD had a dilemma about a shidduch that was suggested to her. She didn't know where to turn for help with a decision. In desperation, she just dialed rabbi Twerski's (home?) number (not sure how she got the number). She had never spoken to him but had read his books and highly respected him. He answered the phone and humbly discussed the situation with wise input and it put her at ease.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
As a family member I am finding tremendous nechama in these posts that are being shared. Thank you

Another extended family member. Same.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:45 pm
I have no personal experience with him, but I wanted to share a cute anecdote. I was in camp together with his (great?)granddaughter. I was in awe that she is the descendent of someone so famous and asked her where her GF lives. Her reply: On an airplane. I didn't get it but she explained that he was always flying around the world for lectures and between his house in Monsey and Eretz Yisroel, he lived on the plane. Very Happy

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 1:01 pm
I never met him in person but I was hoping to. I miss him. His wisdom, knowledge and humble personality will forever stay engraved in my heart.

BDE

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:18 pm
Dear Twerski relatives,
Some of us have relatives who married Twerskis. It's a great honor!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:07 pm
Only Hashem knows HOW many countless people he helped.

It happened that I came across and read several of his self help books. Some of them I read a few times. Some I still reread at times. I never met him in person but always felt a closeness through his excellent books and articles that were published. I have never known a person as wise as him. And I enjoy his style of writing very much.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed