Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
4 yr old too busy to go.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:29 pm
My four year old is extremely bright well adjusted normal in every other way but refuses to go Number one in the toliet.

She plays very nicely and then I’ll notice her skirt is wet. I’ll say what happened why is your skirt wet and she’ll tell me I was too busy playing with xyz. Sometimes she will just tell me mommy my underwear is wet I can’t have a candy today. She always wears leggings and a skirt. There is never puddles on the floor. I imagine she holds it in and jsut releasing a little at a time and there is three layers over her so it absorbs it. She doesn’t Mind being a little wet and sometimes on a Sunday she will jsut change her outfit in middle of the day. I guess she got uncomfortable.

When I keep reminding her to to the bathroom she pulls back and won’t go and it becomes a battle. If I notice her dancing I will shlep her and force her on. Incentives aren’t working. I am really at my wits end.

There is designated bathroom time in school so it’s really not a problem there.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:43 pm
Try a potty watch or a timer, when it rings she has to go. Or set designated times at home too, after lunch, before playing outside etc...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training