Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling with a Toddler in a Mask
Previous  1  2

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Maybe your 3.5 year old is, but many others are not. Many little kids have trouble wearing a mask.

Where we live my 3 yr old wears a mask to school all day Sad even outdoors

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
A 3.5 year old is perfectly capable of wearing a mask.

No comment.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Where we live my 3 yr old wears a mask to school all day Sad even outdoors

I don't believe that every kid wears it properly all day long.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I don't believe that every kid wears it properly all day long.

The kid wouldn't be allowed to school

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:51 am
SuperWify wrote:
Since covid I have flown 4 times (8 flights) with my 3.5 year old. Only one time did I get a hard time from from one specific flight attendant.

Everyone else was understanding.

It only takes one specific flight attendant to kick you off the plane. Do you really want to risk it?

We flew recently and on our way there the crew was amazing. We were not so lucky on our way back and were almost kicked off the plane. I do believe it was the same crew that kicked a frum family with 2.5 years old off the plane last summer.

That's why my DC's family is not risking coming to us for Pesach. They can't be sure their 2.5 year old kid would wear mask all the time. Remember, it's not only the flying time. You have to put mask on (and keep it on) when you enter an airport.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
It only takes one specific flight attendant to kick you off the plane. Do you really want to risk it?

We flew recently and on our way there the crew was amazing. We were not so lucky on our way back and were almost kicked off the plane. I do believe it was the same crew that kicked a frum family with 2.5 years old off the plane last summer.

That's why my DC's family is not risking coming to us for Pesach. They can't be sure their 2.5 year old kid would wear mask all the time. Remember, it's not only the flying time. You have to put mask on (and keep it on) when you enter an airport.

No one in the airport bothers children.

They can’t kick you off a flying plane. You need to make sure your toddler has a mask from when you enter the plane until it starts flying.

BH my toddler has since adjusted to wearing a mask and if we go again will have a much easier time.

Doublestroller

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:58 pm
We just flew back with delta with my 2 year old my daughter didn’t wear a mask at all in the airport or flight. All other children did. She wouldn’t keep in on for 30 seconds. Bh” no one said anything. Could be they figured she’s under 2 or didn’t mind since the rest of us did wear a mask.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 1:39 pm
SuperWify wrote:
No one in the airport bothers children.

They can’t kick you off a flying plane. You need to make sure your toddler has a mask from when you enter the plane until it starts flying.

BH my toddler has since adjusted to wearing a mask and if we go again will have a much easier time.

They won't kick you off a plane in flight, but they can absolutely harass you about DC's non-compliance, and if you don't rectify it, they can add you to the no-fly list and have you banned from their airline for life. Yes, it sounds extreme, but it's happened to enough people that it wouldn't be worth it to me to take a chance.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 1:48 pm
Beginning Feb. 2, passengers over the age of 2 without a mask may be denied entry through the TSA checkpoint. Failure to comply with the mask requirement could also result in a fine. The requirement remains effective through May 11.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/t.....iants

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:02 pm
My toddlers mask kept slipping off her nose and sometimes her mouth too and no one said a word at all. She sat by the window so the flight attendants couldn’t really see her. I bought some exciting junk for her to eat on the plane “just in case” which bh we didnt need to utilize. I don’t go against the rules usually but this one is not something I can fight with ( toddlers!). I would work on booking those tickets and pray for nice flight attendants.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:11 pm
Most kids do better with it if they're used to it. At the end of this past summer, my 3 year old son was very resistant to his kippah and his mask, both of which were new to him. After he saw that all the boys at school wear both, he adjusted very easily. I won't say he wears his mask in perfect position all the time, but he does pretty well and doesn't seem to mind it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:57 pm
We flew with my 3 yo and no one said anything. We put him near the window so he was more hidden. I was also freaking out about it but for all of those stories you hear about people getting kicked off for toddlers not wearing masks, there have to be 10x more non-stories about people who were fine with they're kid not wearing a mask.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 3:21 pm
It really depends on the particular crew on the plane. We’ve flown twice with our 2 yr old DC during covid and I was so worried about it because no way she could keep it on. We didn’t put the mask on in the airport and we decided to just board the plane and see what would happen. On all our flights (4 in total from the 2 trips) no one said anything. Not sure if they assumed she was under 2? Both of these trips were with southwest but I’m pretty sure one of those horror stories was with southwest so I really think it just depends on the flight crew. Hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics