Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Almost 4 year old and phone calls

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:17 pm
Is it normal that I can't make a 2 minute important phone call ever without my child putting up huge fuss and me needing to hang up. I spend tons of quality time with said child, so that's not the issue. Its like its impossible for me to ever get anything done.

hodeez

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:24 pm
Kids don't care about your phone call they just know that you're not giving them your full attention. With that said, you should try to take this as an opportunity to teach your child boundaries and that you will be with her right after the phone call.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:34 pm
When my kids were small, 200 years ago, if I needed to make an important call and I knew I needed to focus and not be interrupted I would be preemptive. Prior to making the call, I would give my kids a 15 minute warning to have a snack/ask any question/set up an activity..... and they knew that when the clock said 2:00 I was making a call and unless someone was bleeding, they would have my attention again at 2:15, but not to disturb me before. Then they would be rewarded with undecided attention. I worked pretty well, but I had a very mature oldest DD and I have a small family (SIF).

Stars

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 5:38 pm
Yup
totally normal

silverlining3

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:03 pm
It's normal.

I sometimes lock myself into my room for those 5-10 minutes important phonecalls. Yes sometimes child is kicking the door, still better than tugging my skirt and nudging LOUD.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:11 pm
If you want to know if it’s normal yes very normal
If you want to know if it’s frustrating also yes very

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:14 pm
It's normal but it's also an opportunity to teach your dc a little manners and kibbud em. Babies are born with no idea that they're not the center of the world, and it's up to their parents to teach them the awful truth, age-appropriately.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:47 pm
This week I was on the phone with my friend and her 4 yr old said he has a headache so my friend while still on the phone says "oh you probably didn't drink enough, here is a drink" and he answered her: "no I want you to hang up!!!" LOL

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 12:52 am
So normal. My 4 yr old says "hang up the phone" every time I take a phone call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers