Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Introverts and burkas

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:07 pm
I'd wear one. Not for tznius, of course. It would probably be considered to be compromising on tznius. But it would mean not having to talk to people. Nobody needs to know who you are anyway... Though I guess the same effect could be achieved with a mask, sunglasses and a different sheitel.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'd wear one. Not for tznius, of course. It would probably be considered to be compromising on tznius. But it would mean not having to talk to people. Nobody needs to know who you are anyway... Though I guess the same effect could be achieved with a mask, sunglasses and a different sheitel.

I know a woman who swears stilt like boots with flashy colors. I'm sure many ppl are scared off or if you dontbwant to be recognized you could always wear a bear costume too LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:16 pm
Where I live, people would just assume I'm a Muslim stranger. A bear costume would raise more questions.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 3:53 pm
Those who know you can recognize you by your walk.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:00 pm
If you want to avoid talking to others, maybe you can wear earphones or airpods and pretend you are listening to music and can't hear them.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:02 pm
I hate masks in general but this is the only reason I tolerate them. I love being anonymous. No one recognizes when I'm out and about in my mask. I think I would find a burka suffocating.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:12 pm
I like masks in winter. The realfeel was 15 degrees and I neglected to bring a scarf. No prob, my double-masked face just laughed at the weather.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:43 pm
Well, Purim is coming up...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics