Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Master bedroom size

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 7:20 pm
Is 12x12 a very tiny size for master bedroom? Not including closets and bathroom. I could knock down the wall and join it with a bedroom but that means giving up on that bedroom. But I don’t want to have a very small master

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 8:38 pm
It's on the smaller end but if you have a good bathroom and closet space that's not part of it, you should be fine. Especially if your closest is set up well so you can skip a dresser in the bedroom. The wall with the beds will be a bit tight.
It's helpful to use masking tape to mark off where you would put furniture to get an idea of how much space you have.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 8:42 pm
Yes, it's pretty small. Our master is 12x15 and it's so small. Many new apartments are being built with 12x12 master, there's almost no moving space or room for a crib.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 8:47 pm
12' won't leave room for dresser if you want ample room to walk between the front of the beds and dresser. If you have have a walk-in closet with built-ins you should be OK.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:00 pm
that seems quite small to me, but on the other hand, my master br is humongous, about 15'x35', so I dont think I could talk...

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
that seems quite small to me, but on the other hand, my master br is humongous, about 15'x35', so I dont think I could talk...

35'?! Is that a typo?
Mine is 16x16 and I thought its huge.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:41 pm
It depends on how big your beds are, the spacing that you have between them (always or when nidda) if you want to have a crib and any additional furniture ex. dresser, armor armoir, recliner, rocking chair w w/o ottoman, sofa, loves eat... Also how is the room setup regarding the walls, windows, door and closet door. Section off a 12 x 12 spot in your my including the furniture you would want in that area taking into account the above mentioned and see if it's doable for you.

When I designed my tenant's my I made them 12 x 16. My own bedroom is 14 + x 20.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:36 pm
We have that size, beds are 2 queen - so 2 feet between the beds for a night table.
I have room for a pack n play at the foot of my bed.
(Beds are 80” long)
I have a separate walk in closet and bathroom.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:58 pm
My bedroom is 10 by 15/16, it’s definitely cozy but I don’t find it bad at all. We have wall, 48 in bed, night table, 48 in bed, wall all touching and I happen to love that both our beds are near a wall but still close to each other. The only hard part is when I have a newborn in th room and then it gets a bit claustrophobic as I have the crib squashed between the beds so make sure you leave room for that but otherwise I definitely recommend it, I think it actually brings to closeness
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics