Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you hold off getting pregnant

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:19 pm
I don't have whom to ask this question.
I'd love to try for another one (for various reasons I can't go into right now I may not be able to have more if I wait too much longer).
The Israeli pregnant women thread got me thinking if it's a good idea to wait. I'm in the USA and very low on the list of getting the vaccine so that's not an option.
Not sure if pregnancy is putting oneself at risk or not and I guess hearing from other people might help figure this out.
Thank you.

hodeez

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:25 pm
Daven that everything should be good. You can't push off your life for fear of the unknown.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:29 pm
Hashem has his plan for you. I had a second trimester miss recently and got pregnant again. I am now having major complications unrelated to COVID or the first miss and I dont know what tomorrow will bring. Anything can happen to anyone at any time.

Life must go on.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:30 pm
Yes. Good thing the end looks like it’s in sight, and it’ll only be a short time waiting!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:34 pm
I wouldn’t necessarily hold off but I would get the vaccine ASAP, pregnant or not.

HakarasHatov

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:16 pm
I would not hold off getting pregnant. And once pregnant would try to figure out the best way to stay safe, be it isolation, SD, masks, vaccine, etc, etc.

Note in the US the mortality rate SEEMS to be much lower than Israel. But don't take my word for it, just glanced at google stats. Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:35 pm
People start these kinds of threads every few days. You can do a search and read through all of them.
At the end of they day, emotion wins over logic. Whatever the OP wants to hear, that’s what she’ll pay attention to. If she wants to get pregnant, and 100 people say “no” but 1 person says “yes”, that’s the answer she’ll pay attention to. The opposite is true, too. It’s near impossible to make a logical decision, no matter how much you convince yourself that you can, when your emotions are too strong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics