Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Naki radio advice

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:02 am
I'm thinking of starting a Naki radio gemach for families in quarantine, ie, buy a few Naki radios to lend out to families for a couple of weeks. We got one recently and it's been keeping my kids occupied for hours. Even though I just set one up myself, I'm not so tech savvy and not sure how it would work in terms of setup, Wifi in different homes etc. Can anyone tell me how I would set them up and how this would work? Could families I lend it to set it up on their wifi without needing to log in to my account?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:44 am
Each person would have to set it to work in their house. I think there’s a general reset button that can put it back to what it was when new.

atara4

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 2:31 pm
Such a great idea! Which location are you looking to do it in? I completely agree with you, when we were in quarantine it was a lifesaver. I especially loved that I didn't need to resort to videos!

Every household would require their own wifi connection and it wouldn't be tied at all to your account. It has a factory reset button, but it's not like there is any personal information on there that would need to be removed...

Good luck!

HakarasHatov

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 2:33 pm
We have a naki radio and I think I use it without an account. Does an account mt give you access to anything extra?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 2:48 pm
I was just in the store asking about it the other day.
I was told that you have to log onto the Naki radio website to choose things you want to upload onto your radio.
I didn’t buy it yet so I’m not really sure how it works.
You need WiFi for sure.

atara4

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 3:23 pm
You don't need an account to use Naki Radio, but if you want to remove some of the channel options you do. It's quite simple. the website is portal.nakiradio.com.

they also have time block options which can be helpful for quiet supper times (I know!!!)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 3:47 pm
I have never logged into the portal to use our naki radio...don't know what we're missing out on, but we just put in our wifi password and that's it, it was ready for use.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 4:02 pm
Wow this sounds like such a nice idea

I'm just so curious why everyone loves it? What is so good about it. We have it and sometimes kids put it on, I would definitely NOT say it's amazing keeps kids busy for hours. Not at all
Am I missing something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics