Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When do you move your kid into a bed?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:10 pm
What age do you move a child out of a crib to a bed and do you always use a toddler bed?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:11 pm
Straight into a twin bed (very low one), and I do it before age 2. But I don't use a crib, I cosleep with them so when they're done nursing it's into a bed.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:27 pm
When they start climbing out of the crib because I'm scared of falling while climbing. BH mine didn't climb out super young so I go straight to a twin.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:30 pm
My kids never climbed out of the crib but when I felt they were ready they went straight to the lower bed of a highriser.

Motherhood

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:43 pm
As soon as they can use the bathroom by themselves. They usually need to go 1st thing in the morning, so that’s when they move into bed from crib

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:54 pm
When they give up the paci, they go into a big kid bed. Anywhere between the ages of 3-5.

newyorkmom

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:58 pm
Around 2 1/2 and I start with a toddler bed, can use same mattress as crib and takes up very little space and they can climb on and off easily, very low to the ground.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:35 pm
When they ask, usually around age 3.

amother
White

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:53 pm
Moved my DD out of the crib when she was nite trained and not in a diaper. Not fair to have a kid trapped in a crib that knows she needs to go to the toilet.
She was 22 months.

amother
White

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:21 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
When they give up the paci, they go into a big kid bed. Anywhere between the ages of 3-5.

4.5 year old in a crib or in a toddler bed?

silverlining3

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:42 pm
Around age 3. Straight to a big bed. I usually first put them on a low bed for a few weeks.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:43 pm
When they start climbing out of the crib; usually between 18-24 months. We never used toddler beds; seems like a waste to me. But if you’re short of space, I see how they are useful.

essie14

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:49 am
DD started to climb out of her crib at around 20-22 months so we moved her into a toddler bed at that time. Will buy her a regular twin bed when she outgrows the toddler bed.

Teomima

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:09 am
Once they can start climbing out of the crib it's time to move them. My crib converts into a toddler bed (one side can be replaced with very low bars). My older kids used that till 4 or so, but I have one who never used it at all because I needed the crib for a baby so she moved straight to a low pullout single bed at 2. My youngest (last baby) is 2 and in the toddler setting of the crib and will likely remain there till she physically outgrows it, due to lack of space for other options right now.

I don't think I would ever buy a bed that is specifically a toddler bed, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics