Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Photic sneezer and masks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 5:01 am
I sneeze from the sun, so every time I start out my mask wearing with a big sneeze! It's really gross. And if I sneeze outside my mask, even though I know it's not covid, I feel guilty and wonder what ppl are thinking.
Anyone else?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 5:20 am
I have allergies so I get dark looks and people clearing the way all the time 🤣

momomany

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 5:47 am
I sneeze into my mask. yes its gross.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 6:11 am
momomany wrote:
I sneeze into my mask. yes its gross.

Thank you.

salt

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 6:21 am
How many times a day do you sneeze? If it's not constantly, you could change your mask after you sneeze. You'll just go through 3 or 4 masks a day, instead of 1.
If you use the cloth ones, you can wash them in hot water in the evening and reuse them.

naomi2

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:42 am
When you feel a sneeze coming pull down your mask and sneeze into your elbow. It's not covid. Noone will die from it.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:45 am
naomi2 wrote:
When you feel a sneeze coming pull down your mask and sneeze into your elbow. It's not covid. Noone will die from it.

Since we now know that even people who had it can still transmit it, even if the sneeze itself isn't caused by Covid, it still represents a possible danger.

The whole point of masks is to keep coughs and sneezes to ourselves.

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:52 am
imasinger wrote:
Since we now know that even people who had it can still transmit it, even if the sneeze itself isn't caused by Covid, it still represents a possible danger.

The whole point of masks is to keep coughs and sneezes to ourselves.

Exactly. You could be presytomatic with covid and not know it. Then, at the same time, you could sneeze from allergies. You would still be spreading it, even if the sneeze isn't caused by covid.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:54 am
salt wrote:
How many times a day do you sneeze? If it's not constantly, you could change your mask after you sneeze. You'll just go through 3 or 4 masks a day, instead of 1.
If you use the cloth ones, you can wash them in hot water in the evening and reuse them.

The point is not how many times, the point is that it happens the first second of wearing my mask right when I step out in to the sunlight.

According to what you're saying, I should put on a mask for 1 second, sneeze, then switch masks? Can't Believe It

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:01 am
Why don't you put on sunglasses?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:35 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Why don't you put on sunglasses?

I wear glasses. Don't have prescription sunglasses or clip ons. Can't wear lenses atm.

momomany

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:38 am
salt wrote:

I work in the medical field with continuous face to face contact with patients who may have Covid. I am issued 1 N95 per 12 hour shift. I am gratefyl that ppe is available to me so I sneeze into it, cough into it, whatever...
Gross wont hurt me.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:41 am
I don't have a sneezing condition but I have a heart condition that can cause me to cough especially when I overdo it. Yes, I get "looks" . Yes, I wear a mask. Yes. I had covid back im March and was very sick and still have high antibodies but I still wear a mask.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The point is not how many times, the point is that it happens the first second of wearing my mask right when I step out in to the sunlight.

According to what you're saying, I should put on a mask for 1 second, sneeze, then switch masks? Can't Believe It

If you're standing right outside your home and there's nobody in the vicinity, use common sense, do your outside light sneezing, then mask up. If there are people around, bring a second mask if you can't tolerate the sneeze effect on your first one. I

'm not accusing you of this, but some people set up silly alternatives as an excuse to make poor choices. One doesn't have to get ridiculous in order to stay safe and keep others safe. Can't Believe It

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:14 am
I read an article about it. you either sneeze into your mask and then change it, or you remove the mask if no one is around, sneeze and then replace the same mask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics