Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP....my house looks so bad..
Previous  1  2  3  Next

suomynona

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:55 pm
momtomor wrote:
Hakol B'seder. It's supposed to work wonders. I actually bought the book today, and will start with the program.

does it work for people who have no time in their day.

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:01 pm
suomynona wrote:
momtomor wrote:
Hakol B'seder. It's supposed to work wonders. I actually bought the book today, and will start with the program.

does it work for people who have no time in their day.

It's perfect for people who have no time.

suomynona

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:03 pm
Do they sell it in Israel?

My apartment is a disaster right now but I don't have a second to clean it up.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 6:06 am
"It's all too much!" by Peter Walsh

You can get it any bookstore, or online - half.com, ebay, amazon, buybooks.com,etc.

Good luck and keep us updated!

ora_43

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 8:09 am
I'm in basically the same situation, but getting out of it. Three things that help:

1) Go through your flat and look for any areas, even small spaces, where you could add more storage. Dh and I ended up getting stacking plastic baskets for the kitchen, two big plastic boxes for the living room, and big bags to put stuff under our beds. If we needed to, we could also put up shelves above the kitchen counter and near the changing table.

2) Remember, "the perfect is the enemy of the good." I would love to have all of my stuff sorted nicely--my pre-preggo clothes folded and put away, neatly labeled, in some sort of order, the baby's toys sorted into books, legos, stuffed animals, etc--but realistically, it's hard for me to do that right now. So until I'm at that level, I put all of my non-preggo clothes in a big bag and all of dd's toys in a big plastic tub, and the house looks a lot better than it would have if I'd tried to sort everything before putting it away.

Also, I have a couple of spaces set aside for mess. If there's a clothes mess, it can be stuffed into the clothes mess corner of my shelves. I'll deal with it when I have time, usually about once a week, and in the meantime the floor is clean.

3) As others have said, get rid of stuff. If you have trouble getting rid of things, set aside a small area as a stuff waiting zone. Right now I have some truly ugly sweaters of dh's, my old clothes that don't come close to fitting, and notes I took in old math and chem courses waiting under my bed. When several weeks pass and we don't need any of the stuff, I feel better giving/throwing it away.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 8:24 am
The worst area in the house is our floor/level. It was already rather full when I lived there alone but when dh came with his stuff... we TRY to organize, but there is JUST NO PLACE. No place in the closets. No place for more closets. No place for shelves on the wall, except behind doors and over the bed, but that's asking for accidents.
Any idea?

By the way, the mess is invading the living room, and my parents DONT appreciate. There are cardboards everywhere (because we don't know where to put the stuff, and we don't even know if we keep everything), and also extra furniture (like, 4 sofas in the living room shock ). We are hesitating between getting rid of stuff (like, giving to the new shul) and keeping it for when we move out.

Help?

happymom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 10:45 am
spend a day finding a place for everything and throwing out anything u did not use in the past year. if you need to, buy shelves, an extra closet (target has) or whatever else.... put a laundry basket in every room, and every day of the week do laundry from a diff room, fold, and put away. dont go to bed without your dishes washed. when you use the bathroom in the morning, dont come out until its clean (take out any clothes... wipe down sink, hang up towls, clean out tub etc)

clean your fridge once a month. have a set time in your shcedule every single day, to put every single thing in your house in thier set places. in the morning before you go out of your bedroom, make your bed. when you go into your kids rooms, dont come out until the beds are made....

when you bake/cook, take out one ingredient at a time, put it back, and then take the next ingredient. wipe down counters/stove when done cooking any meals

goodluck.... this is what I do and bh my house is in very good shape.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 11:04 am
This is what I do when my house gets like that:

I drink a huge coffee, fully caffeinated and go from room to room sorting, throwing things out, vacuuming, mopping, dishes- everything and I dont stop until its done! Now I dont do that every day, after the cleaning craze I try to maintain... then do it again a few weeks later.
It's actually fun, I made cleaning and organizing a fun experience!
Blast some music and reorganize!!!

happymom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 11:44 am
I do that every day, besides the mopping opart twice a week, not every day. I also really enjoy it, especially when im done!! Wink

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 4:40 pm
Does anyone have the Hakol Beseder phone number?
I had it and lost it...

hbeseder

Post Sun, Mar 02 2008, 8:31 pm
Hakol Beseder's Homemakers' Homework Hotline:

718.303.4386 - the hotline is free, as are the conference call numbers.

Welcome aboard.

pina colada

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:14 am
Can one follow the program by reading the family first articles?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 10:05 am
if u dont need it get rid of it, thats my first rule, nothing in my house doesnt not get used

good luck!

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Mar 10 2008, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

crbc

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:12 pm
I second "It's all too much" by Peter Walsh.
I also like "It's about time" by 2 frum woman, cannot remember their names now.
I did not like Flylady.

hbeseder

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:23 pm
Flutter -
Family First can certainly help you get started. Just start with the evening routine and you will Bez'Hashem see a major difference.

There is so much more to the program, and you can benefit from all of it - for free. The hotline is currently getting us through the Pesach cleaning, and the monthly conference calls go into a lot more detail than mere articles ever can. All of that is free and fun.

Have you read the book yet? That will of course give you the entire program.

Whatever you learn, wherever you take it from - I wish you an easy and enjoyable Pesach cleaning experience.

-Tziri

louche

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:39 pm
happymom wrote:

when you bake/cook, take out one ingredient at a time, put it back, and then take the next ingredient.

take out ALL ingredients before you start. this will save time since you will be going to each cabinet only once instead of evry few seconds. more importantly, you won't ever find yourself halfway into making a dish and discovering you're missing a key ingredient.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:27 pm
Is the HaKol Beseder Book available in Lakewood?

greenfire

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 1:44 pm
just wait till they grow up ... then get rid of it all ... Twisted Evil
in the meantime put up a sign: "love me, love my mess" Drunken Smile

happymom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 3:31 pm
start with one place, clean up, put everything away, see where u can get wall shelves, make sure everything has a place, throw out all garabage, and make a set time every single day to clean up your entire house. thats what I do and I feel thats what keeps my house organized. every day from ten till eleven thirty I go around my house from room to room putting everything in order, throwing out all garbage, putting dirty clothes inw ashing machine, washing dishes, preparing what im making for supper, vacuuming and mop if I have to, emptying the garbages (I have one in every room) making all the beds, etc.......'

that way it never gets out of hand.

octopus

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 3:35 pm
ughhh, I hate cleaning.
much rather bake...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics